Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual VS clubsport cruise control?

ssvs96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Vspec
Can I fit a factory cruise control to a manual VS Clubsport. I have not been able to find out wether this was a factory option or not and whether the bcm will support this mod. If not a factory option can one be adapted.

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
AFAIK cruise conrtol never came standard on manual commodores (i could be wrong, so dont quote me).

It is possible to install cruise control though (im going to do it on mine pretty soon). You'll need to go to the wreakers and get a SECOND brake button... You should be able to attach it near the clutch pedal. It will take a little stuff around, but you should be able to wire the button up in series with teh brake sensor.

It should then be a pretty straight foward install.

ssvs96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Vspec
Let me know how you go with your install. Are you going to use holden componants or an after market kit. My auto electricion swears by a kit called AP60 that he buys off supercheap auto for about $260 but if I can adapt Holdens cruise control for this model I would be much happier. I liked the blinker switch operated cruise I had on my Auto VS SS. Once you have gotten used to trips with cruise its hard to go back.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yes, it did come factory fitted to Vs clubsports, (Manuals too), as mine does.
Not that it works at the moment, it was playing up a bit when i got it so just disconnected it

ssvs96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Vspec
Yes, it did come factory fitted to Vs clubsports, (Manuals too), as mine does.
Not that it works at the moment, it was playing up a bit when i got it so just disconnected it

Do you know if it is basically the same as the cruise controls on the non HSV models with V8 auto cruise control?

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Not exactly sure man.
I know it looks completly different to my mates cruise on his VS statesman 5ltr

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
From what I heard they did not come factory but a dealer option on the 5 speed. I had one in my old VS Senator 5 speed and it was exactly the same as every other VS cruise.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
As above.

The only VR/VS to come factory fitted with cruise control is the 215 cars fitted with the 6 speed.