Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manual vx problem

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Slave cylinder can be clead for air which helps also

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
ok today I fitted a new slave cylinder, To no sucess, My old man adjusted the threaded rod that connects to the master cylinder that your talking about which at least allows me to now chnage gears smothly but still the problem is there slightly. Tomrorow I will be getting a new clutch master cylinder to see if this foxes the problem. I have got a new clutch fork here and boy do they look strong I really doubt that I bent my one.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
I went gand got a new master cylinder today as I thought it could be it, fitted it all up still same problem. So me and my old man took out the gearbox to find that the thrust bearing had come out of its slot, Why this happened we are not too sure anyone had this happen before? Also my pressure plate bolts were all loose so for anyone installing a new clutch please loctite EVERYTHING. Fitted it all back and now the clutch is perfect. Me and the old man had the gearbox in and out in under 3 hours so that was pretty good

radiohead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exc/vtss
G'day simon I.ve got a vt ss with exactly the same problem.I have a six speed box.It sounds like the shift rod in the box might be bent or possibly the bearing.I'm kind to my gearbox and this has happened.I'm putting up with mine for now but eventually i'll have to get the box pulled out and repaired.I thought it was the clutch not disengaging fully.I wish it was would be a lot cheaper.Hope this helps cheers

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
does the shifter have adjusments on it