Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Map & Firmware Updates For Holden IQ?

Chris1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Calais 6.0
Email or ring them back and ask.

And let us know mate thanks.
I called Brian Gardner Holden and they said they could not sell me the SD card, it had to be done through the Service department. Service said that the SD cards would only be available sometime in January 2017 and would cost $229 installed. No information as to version number just that it would be the latest release.

Last edited:

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I called Brian Gardner Holden and they said they could not sell me the SD card, it had to be done through the Service department. Service said that the SD cards would only be available sometime in January 2017 and would cost $229 installed. No information as to version number just that it would be the latest release.

Dealership must have the wrong information then.
This happened last time with some dealerships when Holden did the maps with service deal or maps without service, show them the email if you still have it?

Chris1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Calais 6.0
Dealership must have the wrong information then.
This happened last time with some dealerships when Holden did the maps with service deal or maps without service, show them the email if you still have it?
The email says
"For a limited time purchase the maps update for only $165* when installed with your next scheduled service,
or $229* when installed separately."

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
The email says
"For a limited time purchase the maps update for only $165* when installed with your next scheduled service,
or $229* when installed separately."
Sorry my mistake. I thought it was $229 to go and buy the map and install it yourself. I also got the email but obviously I didn't read that bit that closely...
Still expensive either way... maybe some nicer or smaller dealerships may just sell them over the counter at $165 like what they have been the last couple of years?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Yeah, Iv been in contact with multiple dealerships since October.

Every month.. I get told "we are expecting it early *insert following month here*"

I think there must have been a tech bulletin indicating "New maps are coming". Which is about as useful as saying "iphone 8 is coming".

Based on previous releases. I would say mid Feb, early March.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
No word of MY16 updates the third party communication is rat ****.

When I asked last time this was what I was told from service so the dealers and service have no idea when they are coming.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I checked at my local dealer yesterday, they haven't received it yet....

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doesn't make sense why some of us have received emails from Holden then saying its available