Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
what the hell is that? 0-100km guage?

What don't you know about your tyres, whats so hard for choosing? explain. I will fix confusion lol

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
It's a little device you stick to your windscreen and uses a precision accelerometer to determine 0-100km, 0-400m, braking, and hp of your car. I'm not sure how entirely accurate it is, i don't know if anyone else on these forums has had some experience using them and might be able to give a little better insight, but it's not bad for what it is. I've had it 7 or 8 years i think and have barely used it. G-TECH/Pro Homepage

Tyres, there are so many damn choices and i read review after review and they all seem to have pro's and cons, some people will swear by one and others think they are terrible etc.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well tell me what your looking at and what your not sure about? I pull them of cars daily for a living, I can tell you positives but alot of negatives on tyres. you would rather hear negatives which helps eliminate the bad tyres making choices easier?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
So not a lot has been happening with the car besides just washing it every weekend. Installed foot well strip LED lighting to front both and rear about a month ago, and fixed a few rattles and squeaks with my drivers seat and the sub box in the boot.

I have just started getting some quotes to get the front bar sanded back and resprayed. So far i have six quotes that go $300, $440, $450, $450, $540 and $685. They are all RAA approved repairers so i figure i won't use the cheapest or the most expensive quote and chose one from around the middle. Does anyone have any recommendations for a quality crash repairer? preferably in the Lonsdale area. There are just so many to choose from i'm not sure who to go with.

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
Must it be RAA approved? Old reynella crash repairs are pretty good, im sure he would do do the front bar at a decent price and he will do a quality job. when I got a new door resprayed he did some of the rear bumper for me at no extra cost which was nice

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Doesn't have to be RAA approved, but its nice to know there is that little bit of extra assurance if you're not happy with the end product etc.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Paint and panel show and shine, On summerset court at lonsdale. I did work experience there and hes done work on a couple of my cars. His Names simon i think theres only 2 people there now. He mostly does restoration resprays and body work on old girls but i know he does some car stuff still to keep himself going. Hes an insane painter with some of the stuff hes done :)

Otherwise I'd recommend morphett Vale crash, Midcoast crash are pretty average, Hower crash is ok nothing special though. Quality crash are ok have seen some of there colour matching and it hasn't been 100% though...

I see a fair % of lonsdales Crash repairers come through work for there alignments after works been done on them. Morphett Vale crash are Really good though the owner is a Fussy bloke.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I went down to Morphett Vale crash repairers today and he pretty much said i'm "better off replacing the front bar" because there are a couple of stress fractures in the paint. I find it kinda ridiculous that it needs to be "replaced" . He said it can't be sanded back and needs to be glass/plastic blasted and that sanding back will "take two days" and will cost $600 just to paint alone not including prep work. He repeated himself over and over a few times and then started talking about headlights too, so yeah, i just want the damn front bar looking nice again. I'm just going to go to Hower crash. They quoted me $450 and they're RAA approved so it doesn't look good or doesn't last long i'll just take it back to them, they're just down the road from work.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I went down to Morphett Vale crash repairers today and he pretty much said i'm "better off replacing the front bar" because there are a couple of stress fractures in the paint. I find it kinda ridiculous that it needs to be "replaced" . He said it can't be sanded back and needs to be glass/plastic blasted and that sanding back will "take two days" and will cost $600 just to paint alone not including prep work. He repeated himself over and over a few times and then started talking about headlights too, so yeah, i just want the damn front bar looking nice again. I'm just going to go to Hower crash. They quoted me $450 and they're RAA approved so it doesn't look good or doesn't last long i'll just take it back to them, they're just down the road from work.

thats fair enough its your call after all, hopefully comes out alright. I wouldn't have thought black would be to hard to colour match anyway? but who knows 20 years time you might notice it lol.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Just an update, not a lot has been happening with the car. Just fiddling with interior lighting and the stereo a little bit to get things just right. Took the car on some dirt roads over Xmas and had it looking like a bush pig for a few days, but since then i have finally got my front bar resprayed so there are no more stone chips. It's not perfect but its 10x better than it was :)

And my freshly sprayed bar...