Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
whats the latest news lol, other than New tyres, wanting to get it tuned so you can go super dooper fast and know how much power its got, It looks so lonely sitting out the front of Team Poly everyday lol.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Ok so it's been a while since i bothered to update this thread. I think since the last time i've dynamatted all my doors inside and out along with the boot lid to stop any rattles and improve the sound quality a little bit. I didn't take any photos of it being done or the finished product because i never remember to! I think the left hand rear electric window has stopped working too which is annoying. Will have to try hitting it with something because i heard that works sometimes?

Finally had the car detailed about a month ago with a paint correction and paint protection with Opti Coat+ so the paint is looking a hell of a lot better with no fine scratches. There are still a few deeper ones on the bonnet but getting them out wouldn't leave too much clear coat left so they're there for the time being. My front bar already has stone chips again unfortunately so i've also bought a car bra for when i do highway driving to hopefully cut down the amount of stone chips i get!

I also bought some stainless steel scuff plates for inside the doors so jazz it up a bit lol. I think they look good. I also just replaced the clubsport badges on the side skirts. The old ones were loosing their clear coat and chrome so i've pulled them off and put on another genuine pair.

Before:

During:

After:

Slowly just looking at getting quotes for an OTR and a tune. Most places seem to be around $1300-$1600 but i'm still having trouble deciding on a place. Do you think it's better to go with the bigger name shops or are they just charging more because they have more overheads? I'm looking to purchase an OTR on ebay today (30/9) as they have 15% off, but i'm still tossing up between ramjet and vcm :/ leaning towards vcm purely because i can get it for $430 and i doubt there is much difference between the two right?

Thought i'd also have a go at plastidipping my wheels too. I think they turned out alright. I went with black with a glossifier over the top.

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Looks great mate, Honestly the OTRs are much the same you cant go wrong with either of them

What shops have you go to?

Have you tried Willall or Morpowa?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Yeah that's what i figured. I've had a look at Morpowa and Wilall, but i've heard mixed opinions about both. I checked out Enhanced Automotive yesterday too and will probably look at KPM at somepoint too.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I'm running a Monaro CAI 2 hole with a high flow panel filter. No ones been able to prove to me yet that a $500+ OTR is going to be better then my current $80 spend. Maybe a tiny bit more throttle response but yeah. Looks neater to. The intake pipe and MAF is no restriction on them.

Edit: My VZ is only a LS1 but still.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I liked the rims silver man , still looks good black too

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Same prefer the silver although black on black looks ok.

Yeah i like the look of the silver wheels too haha. I just thought i'd try black out to see how it looks for a little while, and plus the plastidip helps hide some of the gutter rash til i get them fixed up nice. I've already noticed one of two spot where the plastidip isnt perfect so i don't know how long i'll keep it on for. It's very grippy so i dunno how well its going to wash etc. Hard to dry them properly when the towel doesn't slide over them.

I bit the bullet today and bought a VCM OTR. Should arrive early next week probably, no idea when i'll get the tune done though!

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Nothing wrong with Willall mate. They have some of the fastest cars in Australia coming out of there. My car has a tune from them and its great had no issues at all.