Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
PS need some plates on it mate the stock ones just dont cut it :)

I'm not sure if i can justify the cost :p

Well i solved my electric window problem today. Took off the door card and discovered i had forgotten to reconnect the wires to the switch last time i had it off. Rookie mistake :doh:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Looking good, as i said. I can get you your tune done Cash by a big known company for about $600 with dyno runs... will be cool its slowly becoming not standard!

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Looking good, as i said. I can get you your tune done Cash by a big known company for about $600 with dyno runs... will be cool its slowly becoming not standard!

That'd be awesome. I'm hoping to get it done pretty soon. How often are they available to do it?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Well the time has come, finally getting an OTR and tune done this friday night. Not sure what figures it might pull, but i will be happy if it gets over 250rwkw. Not the end of the world if it doesn't!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I would say around 240rwkw for just OTR and tune.
250rwkw with std 25% driveline losses would be around 330 engine kw when they are rated stock at 297 ( later Din figures as used on the VE onwards 305).
My LS2 senator got 258rwkw by Sonny when he was at Marranos on a Mainline dyno with OTR, Mafless, 25%Underdrive Balancer and 1.8 Roller rockers.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I would say around 240rwkw for just OTR and tune.
250rwkw with std 25% driveline losses would be around 330 engine kw when they are rated stock at 297 ( later Din figures as used on the VE onwards 305).
My LS2 senator got 258rwkw by Sonny when he was at Marranos on a Mainline dyno with OTR, Mafless, 25%Underdrive Balancer and 1.8 Roller rockers.

Yeah, i'm not too fussed. I think the gains are the important part. I looked at getting a cam, but then having to do lifters, converter and diff was a bit much for now. Maybe in a year or two when i get an itch for more power :)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Depends on the cam. You don't need to go too wild if you get something mild and it will still give you a decent gain.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Pretty happy with the results. Made 234rwkw with a full exhaust and then gained another 23rwkw with OTR and a tune :)

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
*Borat* Very niiiiice. Hi-5.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL HSV Grange
Nice car and good power there. Mine made the exact same amount. 344HP (257kw) at the wheels.

Hey Mark, trying to send you a PM but your message box is full. Are you able to clean it out for us. :)

Cheers.