Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Nice car and good power there. Mine made the exact same amount. 344HP (257kw) at the wheels.

Hey Mark, trying to send you a PM but your message box is full. Are you able to clean it out for us. :)

Cheers.
Cheers, nice man. Yeah i was pretty happy with the results, the tuner said it came mostly down to the free flowing exhaust. Inbox has been cleaned for you :)

Nice power, I didn't factor in a performance exhaust.
Thanks, You were pretty close with your original guess as to what the tuner was expecting. He said i'd be looking at around 245rwkw. Need to find out now if there are any other small supporting mods to be done to increase it a little bit here and there. Not sure if i'm ready to cam it. Will probably need to do lifters at the same point so it starts getting expensive. Not overly keen on doing the diff or stall converter either..

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
You don't need to do lifters if you keep the cam smallish under 220 but you do need to do springs as the factory ones die even with stock cam.
To do lifters the heads need to be lifted so then you might as well fit performance heads at same time so costs just keeps growing.
I originally went for the 1.8 roller rockers because at that time I had no intention of changing the cam as the car felt great plus I got a set cheap during a Yella Terra sale.
Another thing was I could easily fit the 1.8's at home
These days I'm still using the 1.8's with my Comp Cams 212/218 low lift cam which combined gives just under .600 lift.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Been a while since i've done an update.

Not a lot has changed on the car as of late, just had a full service done and replace all the front end bushes as they were all original and completely flogged out, and now i'll need some new struts too! I've got some 20" matte black rims on order that i've been waiting on for about 9 - 10 weeks now so i'm pretty keen for them. I'm looking at getting a senator bobtail too for something different, it's pretty hard to find an original so i'll probably just end up going fibreglass for now. I have a mate who works with carbon fibre so hopefully i can get it molded with that.

Kinda bought a second genuine rear bar last weekend for $250 too. I'm pretty sure it's from a VY going by the lack of reversing sensor holes but it looked like this when i picked it up...

and now it looks like this.... :p

Yeah it's a bit wanky but i love the look of quad tips and couldn't resist ;) I think modifying my exhaust whilst keeping the rear muffler is going to be the bigger challenge though. Also thinking of going back to all stealth black once my rims arrive by removing the chrome window surrounds and plasti-dipping the badges.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
My rims finally arrived after a three month wait, pretty stoked at how they look. Also had all the struts, shocks and springs replaced on the car and it now sitting on kings super lows. Not too low that it scrapes on everything but just enough to look a bit better :) Plastidipped my badges and took the chrome around the windows off too.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Black BEAST

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Gotta say that is looking very shmick!
Cheers man. I always try to take the photos just as the sun is setting, makes the paint look the best :D

Black BEAST
Black for a few days, then it's black and dirty for the rest of the week haha. Damn black, it's a love/hate thing!

Looks great

Needs some plates. Can get the R and S series for a one off fee of $76.00

So could have RVZ or SVZ then any number so RVZ006

Hmm, a one off fee doesn't sound too bad actually. I'd probably avoid SVZ because it makes it sound a bit like a 6cyl haha. Maybe RVZ364? RVZ060?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I just found out that this is available too :yeah: Not sure if it's worth $200 a year though!