Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Just a small update. Finished off the rear bar and had it painted all gloss black and then had my exhaust modifed to suit :D

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Love it looks very neat and tough.
Any pics of the exhaust mods underneath.
I added walkinshaw left side tip to mine a while back.

I wanted to do a modified rear bar but different to yours.
I wanted to remove the whole bottom section (between your exhaust outlets) and have a center section modified like the Holden Coupe 60 show car like an under aero section.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Love it looks very neat and tough.
Any pics of the exhaust mods underneath.
I added walkinshaw left side tip to mine a while back.
I wanted to do a modified rear bar but different to yours.
I wanted to remove the whole bottom section (between your exhaust outlets) and have a center section modified like the Holden Coupe 60 show car like an under aero section.

I'll try and take a photo tomorrow, but like most quad tip conversions it isn't super pretty, the Y pieces aren't what you would call aesthetically pleasing, but it's not like they need to flow evenly either.

Have you photoshoped up any mock ups with the rear diffuser in between the exhaust tips? I'd like to see what it looks like. I don't think it would be impossible to do, but it would definitely be easier to add in an already existing product that making something from scratch.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
No I gave up on the project and haven't done any photo shop mock ups but I think it would look good.
The section below the main part of the bumper just lends itself to removal and replacement with that aero style under tray.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I managed to take a couple of photos of it today once it stopped raining, some are a tad blurry as it's not the easiest thing to take a photo of haha, and yes i've already lost the exhaust hanger from the right hand side. I might need to cable tie it on when i get a replacement one!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
It looks fine and you can't see it from outside the car anyway.
The connection of my Walky tips is way rougher than that because after removing the old tips one pipe was only just long enough to go inside the rear of the Walky tip.
Does the exhaust sound any different now,with the right being a lot longer than the left side?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Yeah, the exhaust note has changed a bit, 1) because you can hear it down the right hand side more, and 2) i think it sounds a bit different because of how the right hand tips are made. It's just a simple "Y" piece so it has changed the note slightly because of how they made it. Would probably be better if that first tip was slightly rounded, but i think the time and effort to do that probably isn't worth the money? who knows :p

So you see how it's made to distribute the airflow to both tips so it doesn't all just rush the the far right one, and so it actually makes the exhaust burble a bit more. It's hard to explain lol, I'll have to get an audio clip soon.

Oh and now i have tips on both sides, it's close to impossible to get up my driveway without something scraping :D There is a fine crack above the right hand tips already where they have pushed hard into the bar. I mean, the tips probably hang about 15 to 20mm below the bar, and i've managed to scrape the bar too, so it's forced the exhaust up around 20mm where there is no 20mm to fit.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I know just how you feel with regards to problem driveways.
I hate it when parked cars make me have to drive out straight as I have to go at snails place and still lightly scrape both ends.
Much easier if I can attack it an angle.