Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

marobi performance chips

chad.1972au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr, vs and vt commodore
i just bought a VN VP V6 Stage 3 EXTREME performance chip eprom. anyone had any experience with these chips???? i see that everyone goes for the greenfoam chip but couldn;t find a v6 one on ebay from them only a v8 one and i need to get this in the car for a burnout comp in a couple weeks...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm not sure if his v6 chip is still the same as it was. I've talked to him via email before he's a decent follow. He doesn't do the tunes himself but someone else (I suspect from JC) does them for him. The old version of that tune was ok just needed to not have so rich a mixture, I'm not sure he updated it or not but either way it'll be fine for a burnout car where you want it rich anyway. I don't advertise V6 memcals, so you have to ask for one especially. I'm more into doing tunes to suit each car a little closer than a mass burned eprom. I don't do that

chad.1972au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr, vs and vt commodore
once i get it in the car and get the twin throttle body etc on it i will message u again and will see if u can set something up for me maybe... ps. would u recommend running a cat on my car? it never has had one, the exhaust shop put it all in and has always been great but i have always wondered if a cat would make it better

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'd run a cat just to cut down on the pollution (so you have good karma) and then a straight pipe angled at the back wheel, preferably both wheels so you get some good smoke drift

chad.1972au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr, vs and vt commodore
thats exactly how it is, 2 pipes pointin at the wheels but whenever i go in a comp at night my exhaust (muffler) glows red..... grrrrr, too much fuel? and if so is the dual throttle bodies gonna make that worse?

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
ive got both went from foam's to marobi back to foams

marobi made my car rev higher at speeds than foams did... but after 100km's it seemed to sit a little lower....

marobi at 80 was about 1900ish
foams at 80 was 1700ish

i didnt comparethe 2 of them with computer stuff... might do that this weekend...

but it seems like he just took the sv3800 maps and put them in all the different tunes.... cause it make the auto act funny with locking up the torque converter.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You can set the converter lock anywhere you want, I noramaly set it lower because I'm allways after saving fuel where ever possible. I usually extend the lean cruise maps and lower the temps and speed all that comes on etc

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
thats exactly how it is, 2 pipes pointin at the wheels but whenever i go in a comp at night my exhaust (muffler) glows red..... grrrrr, too much fuel? and if so is the dual throttle bodies gonna make that worse?

Nah red pipes are great because if you can get them that hot then if you add enough fuel just before the limiter you can get constant blue flames and that's for the win on a burnout car :)