Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Massive sale at dick smith april 2nd!!!

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
wow if this is for real I think I'll be doing some b'day shopping 4 kids and hubby lol

.....though maybe it will be real and they are just baiting with those prices and only have 1 item in stock which staff will buy before store opens like other retailers do :rolleyes:

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
#### #### #### ####. Dicksmith, why you so far away from me?! ?! D':
I want xbox for $100.. I sold my broken one for $50. lmfao.

You have X-Box's in South Australia?!

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Well Woolworths owns DickSmith, and woolies did say that sometime this year they will closing all there dick smith stores and distributing their electronic products in big w. So yeah it does sound true to me but this isn't the only sale, there will be plenty more in the coming months. So now there goes my pay.

I thought they were selling dick smith rather than closing stores?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
#### #### #### ####. Dicksmith, why you so far away from me?! ?! D':
I want xbox for $100.. I sold my broken one for $50. lmfao.

Those prices are unbelievable.. Gotta be fake.. 320gb PS3 for $200.. I just paid only just under $500 for my 250 gb..

i think thats just the hard drives.....

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
No they are just closing them and throwing everything big w and the staff will be offered positions at woollies or big w. So yeh sounds good lol

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
No they are just closing them and throwing everything big w and the staff will be offered positions at woollies or big w. So yeh sounds good lol

Whats your source of that info? I just re-read the strategic review press release from the 31/01 and that's not what was said then. I just checked the WOW info on the asx and had a quick scan of the half year review released 01/03 and it said the business had been divested and the assets were for sale but with no mention of closing stores at this stage and I can't find anything more recent than that. Can you put a link up I wouldn't mine having a read?

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I read the article on the daily telegraph about two months ago, but I will find it and let you know.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
http://connectedaustralia.com/News/BreakingNews/tabid/119/ArticleId/6868/Woolworths-CEO-denies-Dick-Smith-failure.aspx

There's an article there about closing up to 100 of its 384 stores. They were planning of selling it off but chances of that are very low.

I must of misread it but if they were planning to sell, I don't think they will be selling items at as low as 10% of its original cost.