Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matts New Toy

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Yeh, I know what you mean, but I'm pretty sure it's NOT monaro or anything. Fairly certain its just kingswood. Coz I've seen both types..........monaro/gts dashes are the round gauge ones.
hmm, might have to look into this one. I'll ask on the aussieV8 forums.

a grand!!!! :eek: bargain!

And the twelve slotters aren't that bad........and I like those trays.

Umm, can I ask how long your tray is..........not sure if its the long one or the normal one. If it's the long one, I might grab the sides (or one of em) off you when you take em off.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
nah I'll be keeping the sides in case I need to load stuff into it, plus their very stuffed :thumbsup: I'll be taking them off and leaving up the side of the house

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I paid a grand for it, brought it from a bloke at work. He bought a bike and hasnt worked on the ute since. Being a mechanic he's sort of over the work all day then work all weekend on cars, so he was happy to get it off the back lawn.

:bang::bang::bang: ahhhhhhh i hate you even more now lol, do you work with anyone else that'll sell me one for 1g?

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Nice pick up for a grand,its a HJ dash and it looks like some extra gauges have been put in it.HJ,HX,HZ Ststesman front(all the same bar the grills).Looks like you have a non working heater to.Those mirrors are gold at the moment,id take em off until you need them as they might go walk about.
Shove your hand up underneath the passenger side exhaust manifold(while its cold)and you will ne able to feel the numbers 253 raised on the block.
Do the lines up the bonnet match up to the ones on the panel in front of the screen?That car would have come out with a HQ style front from standard so they wouldnt match unless it has been changed.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
hmm i can use your expertise coz i know nothing about it except that I wanted a carby ute to play around with !!!

What makes you say the heater aint working out of curiosity? Im eyeing off some rewiring kits so I'll be re-wiring everything.

Im surprised about the mirrors but yes, I will store them somewhere. Personally I dont like them, I think their too small when trying to reverse, but that might also be the size of the tray annoying me. what makes them so special anyway?

The bonnet, both side guards and front bumper are all from the same car, Stato so Im being told. The photo doesnt show it too well, but it used to be purple, with the replacement panels being a charcoal grey colour. But that plenum cover (whatever their called on these cars) will probably be replaced anyway as its fairly rusty in spots.

Im surprised, i had it on ebay for $1500 for a few days with no response, lots of watchers, but no response. I had the phone number and said Im ready to sell it, $1500. not one phone call, so i decided bugger it, I'll keep it, get it back on the road and go from there, but the more I read the more I think struth, I made the right decision!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Holy shyte! I'm older than that car :cry: I wasn't that far off when I said 5.0L
your going to be kept very busy with this one :D. You can help ppl move now :p. I also have a pic of what your front end will look like when finished I just gotta find it, you will like! :thumbsup:

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Do the lines up the bonnet match up to the ones on the panel in front of the screen?That car would have come out with a HQ style front from standard so they wouldnt match unless it has been changed.

Not neccisarily. You're talking about the commercial front, they came on the commercial packs only. Most tonners probably had the kingswood front, while some had prem twin headlight fronts. (my dads one is factory fitted prem with GTS dash)

Im surprised about the mirrors but yes, I will store them somewhere. Personally I dont like them, I think their too small when trying to reverse, but that might also be the size of the tray annoying me. what makes them so special anyway?

The bonnet, both side guards and front bumper are all from the same car, Stato so Im being told. The photo doesnt show it too well, but it used to be purple, with the replacement panels being a charcoal grey colour. But that plenum cover (whatever their called on these cars) will probably be replaced anyway as its fairly rusty in spots.

Dude, if you wanna get rid of the mirrors, I'll swap you or something lol. :p
They're GTS mirrors. And also very easy to remove I believe. So yeah, you'd wanna keep an eye on those. :thumbsup: Also, when you take the dropsides off (they just slide off and slide back on) you'll probs be able to see a lot better.

Depending on how rusty your cowl panels (below front windscreen) you can either repair them, or buy replacement panels from rare spares. (think they're about 80 bux each...not too sure.) but it is a VERY common place for rust, so don't worry bout it too much.

The tonners are fantastic, you can just throw anything on the back, anytime; and they'll carry it no worries.

Keep us posted mate. ;)

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
GTS mirrors, and if you don't want them, how much?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
hey, i'm more interested in the boat in the background ... u a fisherman matt? must be a trend here, commodore's and fishin, sounds familiar