Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matts Turbo 6

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
my 8th mile time was 8.5 @ 87.2MPH
Matt

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
sooooo close now you have to wait dont you hate that least its still in one peice again this time T70 still holding in there

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
ahh not to stressed. Like you said its still in one piece and now i have time to make new manifolds.
Matt

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dont have an old wastegate lying round in ya shed im looking to build mt turbo manifolds next week but my wastegate hasnt turned up so im gonna be stuck

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Been a while since a update but thats because nothing has really changed, on both test and tunes this year i have driven the car out there to race but it had problems, first one the boost controller screwed up on the way there and was running 19+ psi again, so i didn't risk running. On the second one it developed a knocking/rattling noise on deceleration on the way out there. I was hoping the pressure plate had come loose again. I pulled the gearbox out this arvo and the pressure plate was still tight but the rubbers on the clutch fork are non existant and the throw out bearing seems really flogged out, hopefully thats where the noise is coming from.
Don't know what im going to do with it now, i will either get a new clutch, throw out bearing and rubbers for the clutch fork and put it back together (just to get that 12 second timeslip) or slap a auto back into it put the engine back to stock and sell it and sell off the turbo gear and inlet manifold individually to help fund the hr holden im doing up.
Matt.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Gotta **** ya when things go wrong before you race, fix her up and it will do a 12sec pass for sure.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I have decided to put the an auto back in, i have put a vette servo, 0.500 boost valve and a transgo shiftkit in a auto i had sitting beside the driveway and am halfway through preping the wagon back to auto specs. Next i need to decide on what diff gears will suit then look into a converter to suit.
Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
The auto is in and running, from the short drive i went on the shifts feel firm and box feels tight, screamer pipe is loud.
Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Started making some new manifolds.
IMG_20110728_025728.jpg

IMG_20110724_104707.jpg

IMG_20110724_104743.jpg

My current setup will be for sale soon, including twin throttle setup. Everything except Turbo, intercooler, oil pipes and tune.