Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maximum speed from 6cyl vh

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
HAHA!
Just to brag and make you guys drool, I've had the VK at 110!!!

(im on my L's.. and I don't take my car at 205km/h.. yet.)

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
well i've been 70Kh's it wanted to go more but i wasn't sure. DAMN SPEED LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!.

i gotta admit 245 sounds to far fetched considering their basiclly the same engine except ones carb yours was efi you don't get an extra 60Khs at top end speed just on efi alone.

if you pulled the other one and said you had a 308 i might have believed you

cheers

scott

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
when im on my P's, im going to get on a 100km/h freeway and floor the **** outta my VK (which performance wise will be stock standard) and see if I can beat the 13second time frame from 0-100. I still think it can be done!!

malemailmaleman

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SLE SUPERCHARGED 208
Well Here We Go

Sorry guys I had to Reply to this.

I have a VH SLE 6 cyl 202 recent rebuild (less than 15,000 km's ago) bored out to 210 with a 173 head on it. It has ACL DOMED pistons,needle roller mains and bigends. It is Fully blueprinted and perfectly ballanced. The head as i said is a 173 12 port blue motor head fully ported and pollished with 1st oversize xu1 intake vales and 2nd oversize 308 exhaust valves. The head is also fitted with Yello Terra Adjustable Roller Rockers. I have fitted anti-pump lifters. The camshaft is a regrind by crow to my specs (has gas conversion) 28/69 303 degree duration (lumpy). It has a VK EFI manifold with the injector holes blocked and 2 four barrel gas research carburettors fitted. I have revved this engine to 8800 rpm (i am not insisting it likes it) and found it to be very reliable. It has a t700 fitted (4 speed auto out of a VN) and a 3.08 diff ratio. I raced it down the drags last weekend and pulled a 1/4 mile time of 13.03 seconds with a .556 reaction time. Now here is the fun part, I have a very long straight road very close to my house (about 14 km's straight) and last night i wound my baby out .... bearing in mind 4 SPEED AUTO with torque convertor lockup) and my diff ratio at 3.08 a nice cold night (dense air) and guess what 207 K/PH (TWO HUNDRED AND SEVEN K/PH) @ 6300 RPM and NO MORE not another single km for about 40 seconds ...she just sat there. I had fitted a seperate digital speedo which was fitted to the tailshaft and had it calibrated on the dyno......... so in conclusion I MOCK 245 k/ph out of a 6cyl VK commodore....... But thats just my story :D :cool:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I dont think most of them will understand all that info mailman, but thats is one LUMPY son of a bitch cam. It must about stall on idle, lol.
Cheers

208_Fireball

Reaction score
My mildish VH runs out of room a bit over 170, with its m20 4 speed and 3.45:1 diff...

Cheers,

Dave

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
airstrike you where so right i didn't understand about 3 quarters of that, but it sounds bloody good whatever it is. i understood some of it though i am abit of an air head when it comes to car mechanics but i know alittle.

cheers

scott

malemailmaleman

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SLE SUPERCHARGED 208
AirStrike said:
I dont think most of them will understand all that info mailman, but thats is one LUMPY son of a bitch cam. It must about stall on idle, lol.
Cheers
Sorry in all my rambeling i must have forgot to mension has a 1700 rpm hi-stall/lockup convertor :)