Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

May have stripped crank bolt hole

Tristan Cupit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005
I was pulling the balancer off my Alloytech yesterday and I may have pushed directly against the actual crank and squished the front few threads in. I know you're supposed to push against something else like the bolt but I was in a rush. Now I cant put the balancer bolt in to time it.
My question is:
Does anyone have any ideas as to how to address this minor (major) mishap? I've thought maybe a big die would work but its only the first few threads so I don't really want to have to re-thread the entire crank. (although I am prepared to do that if I really need to)
Cheers guys.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can get a tool called a thread file which will file in the damaged threads or start the thread again.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
You can get a tool called a thread file which will file in the damaged threads or start the thread again.
Link please

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Link please

Bunch of places that sell them. Can also be called a thread restorer. There will probably be a few different types for inner/outer/pitch etc...

UNPRICED12_019b.jpg