Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mazda reterofit Android Auto while Holden sits on its hands

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Might I suggest you trade in your Holden for a Mazda and then you can get the features you want for your phone. Mazda will throw in other bonus features like an economical 4 cylinder engine, front wheel drive and lots of other comfort items. I bought my Holden as it has a V8 engine and other performance bits and features, using MyLink lets me connect an iPhone, listen to music and listen to texts. I know what the car had when I bought it, yes it might not have some of the features other cars have, but it has others, life at times is a compromise and we all have choices we can make. If technology is important in a car buy something else, if buying a car to put a smile on your face when you drive it get a V8 Commodore.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Might I suggest you trade in your Holden for a Mazda and then you can get the features you want for your phone. Mazda will throw in other bonus features like an economical 4 cylinder engine, front wheel drive and lots of other comfort items. I bought my Holden as it has a V8 engine and other performance bits and features, using MyLink lets me connect an iPhone, listen to music and listen to texts. I know what the car had when I bought it, yes it might not have some of the features other cars have, but it has others, life at times is a compromise and we all have choices we can make. If technology is important in a car buy something else, if buying a car to put a smile on your face when you drive it get a V8 Commodore.
Yep. It baffles me too. But then, I am a stoopid countent.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
This is about customer care/service...
Not the car itself...
Holden was never good at that...
Awful in fact

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But expecting them to suddenly change, when they’re still the same company, owned & run by the same corporate culture overlords, is a bit ... odd?

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Sorry to disagree Ron, but it’s not about customer care, it’s about choice. The car never had it fitted originally, why should it be retrofitted. All I’m saying any car or any items you buy are about choice and compromise if you want all this in a car buy a car that has it. We all made a choice to buy a Commodore as is, hence why I say it is about choice, as we didn’t see this as a reason not to buy a Commodore. This why I contend it is not about customer service it is instead choice and compromise.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Sorry to disagree Ron, but it’s not about customer care, it’s about choice. The car never had it fitted originally, why should it be retrofitted. All I’m saying any car or any items you buy are about choice and compromise if you want all this in a car buy a car that has it. We all made a choice to buy a Commodore as is, hence why I say it is about choice, as we didn’t see this as a reason not to buy a Commodore. This why I contend it is not about customer service it is instead choice and compromise.
People also made the choice to buy mazda as they were yet mazda now tries to give people the option of having it upgraded...
That keeps people happy and more likely to choose that Manufacturer again..

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
People also made the choice to buy mazda as they were yet mazda now tries to give people the option of having it upgraded...
That keeps people happy and more likely to choose that Manufacturer again.
We’ll agree to differ, as I think if they have ability to retrofit it, why didn’t they fit it in the first place. Will be interesting to see how many people take it up? Buy a new car and it’s included, older car I’ve got to pay for the privilege to have it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
There could be million reasons why it was not available/fitted in the first place. Thats beside the point.

I would gladly pay for the factory backed solution than some unreliable tack on aftermarket solution that will cost a lot more and never be as good as something specifically designed for that car...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Of course they could design & build it, it's not even likely to require much change to the hardware & software. It's probably less effort for them than it was for Kenwood (which is also specifically designed for that car).
They (Holden or GM) just don't see enough upside to justify the development cost; they either don't think they'd sell enough units to cover the development cost, or they think the people who'd have to work on it would be more profitable working on something for a new car.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Have you seen the Mazda infotainment system? I would rather the GM VF MyLink version. You have to remember this was developed before 2013 so was a very good system back them. Holden just kept using it until they made their last car. The new MyLink is better but also been told it is totally different operating system. For what the VF does, it is good enough. I can reply top text while driving and the maps ain't too bad. The maps in the VF are better than the new Mylink and also better than Mazda. Boo Hoo about apple car play! If you don't like the Infotainment system, by a car that has one that you like!