Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

McDonald's manager in hot oil attack

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
New to the menu, The moron burger featuring real crispy fried moron :p

Guy got fair warning so due to his own stupidity he will now have to deal with being scarred the rest of his life. Maybe it will be fair warning to the next dope that attempts to do ot

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
I am talking about how it will likely be seen in a court of law. A tyre iron or baseball bat is not as extreme as burning oil.

This manager LEGALLY fcked up.

People threatening your life and actually taking it are two different things.I have had countless threats and very few actually try it. The offender must be capable of following through with it. Jumping a counter is not attempted murder.

This s true but it only takes one nut case to take your life... I know id do the same thing. I'm a chef and if someone threatens me I'd grip my chef knife pretty hard

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
obviously half you people have never had a "kings cross" experience, half the people there are off their face junkies and are in no mood for negotiation and the attack on the manager was most likely unprovoked, if you could honestly stand there and say you wouldn't have done the same thing you are either full of **** or just stupid (you hesitate, its your life!), concidering there are alot of people from brisbane in here ill put it in the perspective that the cross makes the valley look like a playschool for kids

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
obviously half you people have never had a "kings cross" experience, half the people there are off their face junkies and are in no mood for negotiation and the attack on the manager was most likely unprovoked, if you could honestly stand there and say you wouldn't have done the same thing you are either full of **** or just stupid, concidering there are alot of people from brisbane in here ill put it in the perspective that the cross makes the valley look like a playschool for kids

Speak for yourself. Whats to say that him throwing oil could have worse ramifications in the future. The bloke may hold a grudge and come back.

You call other people full of **** or stupid for knowing what they can do within the grounds of the law, arrogant much. Stupid in my eyes is ending up in jail over something he could of handled differently.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I say it's fair game. Remember the guy has to defend all his staff (probably a bunch of kids) against this mental case as well. Hot oil might seem an excessive defensive weapon but he may not have had a lump of 2x4, baseball bat, metal bar or similar within arms reach. He could only use what he had available and throwing an cup of ice blocks may not have been enough

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Stupid in my eyes is ending up in jail over something he could of handled differently.

pretty hard to end up in gaol when you were killed by an ice addict that flipped out, as i said if you hesitate, its your life, if it happened in any other place then yes try to calm the situation, but the cross is different

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Jesus Christ! Some people a a whole lot more naive than I would have thought.

Manager DESERVES what he gets. COMPLETELY inappropriate. With people everywhere, the threat could have been handing simply with overwhelming force rather than serious and personal injury.

I do not condone what the nut case moron did, but the manager acted completely irresponsibly. I imagine 000 calls to Police from the Cross have a response time of less than a minute. The manager is also not responsible for defending any one of the employees.

Nope - completely the wrong thing to have done. Will now have a lot of issues for the rest of his life all because of one very poorly judged decision.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Nope - completely the wrong thing to have done. Will now have a lot of issues for the rest of his life all because of one very poorly judged decision.

PFFT, the perpetrator laid down a threat of killing the manager, to bad for him that some stood up for himself and not being bent over and reamed by a criminal.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I would have done the same thing, especially in Sydney and especially the cross. I never used to take threats to kill seriously, up until the threat for me turned into reality when a knife ended up 3mm from my femoral artery when leaving a pub on George st late one night.
Had I taken the threat seriously I would never had turned my back.

The actions of this manager COULD have saved himself from serious injury or even his life from an alochol raged moron.

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
Jesus Christ! Some people a a whole lot more naive than I would have thought.

Manager DESERVES what he gets. COMPLETELY inappropriate. With people everywhere, the threat could have been handing simply with overwhelming force rather than serious and personal injury.

I do not condone what the nut case moron did, but the manager acted completely irresponsibly. I imagine 000 calls to Police from the Cross have a response time of less than a minute. The manager is also not responsible for defending any one of the employees.

Just because there is people everywhere doesn't mean people are going to come to your aid/defence, a lot of people will **** themselves and look the opposite way.
Things can escalate in seconds, you don't always have time to call the cops and wait around.

It could have been a massive over reaction, or it could have been an junkie with nothing to lose, pinning of his head and the manager thought hot oil was the only thing that will stop him, so be it.

Irresponsible YES, but to say he deserves everything he gets without knowing all the facts is WRONG.