Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Megaupload shut down

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Just for those who for some reason find it hard to read rules:

JC Rules

Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are also not allowed.

Be careful what you post or link to.

So am i allowed to comment on an illegal/pirate website that has been shutdown?

somerandom

Reaction score
I can parent directory google and get most of the files i want
or through netbios
anyway, just because megaupload is down, there's a lot of other sites, like rapidshare, fileserv, etc.. etc..

fyi: nothing in my post is illegal, so no one should be whining
also, it would be very hard to stop piracy, even if they(isp) black listed all of the sites, all someone has to do is use a private proxy, win

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
So am i allowed to comment on an illegal/pirate website that has been shutdown?

You can still go on the site (Unless it's been censored with an fbi warning like MegaUploads), but if you continued to download torrents etc, that's where it becomes illegal.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
even if they(isp) black listed all of the sites, all someone has to do is use a private proxy, win

Exactly, they will never stop it, it'd be more hassle than it's worth to try and stop it, and the majority of people will probably do everything they can to make it hard for authorities, to the point where the government just gives up

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
That's the truth. The Internet nerds who setup ways of downloading illegally know the Internet much better than the authorities trying to stop it. I'm sure there's something else in the pipe line that will be much harder to trace.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Considering I can download right now, actually, considering I can gain access to someone's PC right now, with ways to cover my tracks so no one knows I was ever on there, I'm sure we'll have no trouble fooling the Police's IT department.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
That's the truth. The Internet nerds who setup ways of downloading illegally know the Internet much better than the authorities trying to stop it. I'm sure there's something else in the pipe line that will be much harder to trace.

Pipe line? No... Try ALREADY EXISTS plus it's 100% un-traceable and anonymous. But I won't discuss it beyond that.

Here's a link to the interview that works:
[youtube]pF48PjCtW4k[/youtube]

He's right too by the way...

Last edited:

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
My shovel is green

It will be a year on Sunday (Saturday for FBI land) since megaupload got shut down and this Sunday We get to see/play with the new Mega I predict its going too be a magical experience filled with pixies and warlocks and all sorts of magically mystic things.

Will any of you be using the new site for your digital media and documents downloads and uploads?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Never used Megaupload. Probably wont use Mega either.

No doubt authorities will be all over it when it starts up, trying to find some way to throw more charges at Kim.

I'll just continue using Piratebay until I get a copyright infringement email from my ISP, and then look into VPN's.