Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Megaupload shut down

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I hear what ur saying, and I'm the same.. This site will be missed.

But: same concept as, u like a car, u steal it take it for a drive, if u don't like it u dump it, if u like it u go back and pay for it.

Not quite.. If you take a car, no-one else can use it. You have deprived the owner of it. If you take a song for a test listen, the owner still has his, you have removed nothing from him. It's more like seeing a car you like and making a copy of it leaving the original there, then taking the copy for a test drive.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Not quite.. If you take a car, no-one else can use it. You have deprived the owner of it. If you take a song for a test listen, the owner still has his, you have removed nothing from him. It's more like seeing a car you like and making a copy of it leaving the original there, then taking the copy for a test drive.

Say u took it from holdens lot, they still have others, u have taken a car no one can test, just like u have a song no one else can listen to.
u have taken a song he has created, which he/she has many song copies produced. holden has many car copies produced, u can never take the car creatation from Holden but u can take a copy.

It's essentially the same.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Say u took it from holdens lot, they still have others, u have taken a car no one can test, just like u have a song no one else can listen to.
u have taken a song he has created, which he/she has many song copies produced. holden has many car copies produced, u can never take the car creatation from Holden but u can take a copy.

It's essentially the same.

Nothing has been taken from their lot, they still have them all. I just used my magic machine that duplicates whatever I want and copied a car.

It's nowhere near the same.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Nothing has been taken from their lot, they still have them all. I just used my magic machine that duplicates whatever I want and copied a car.

It's nowhere near the same.

U copied a car that was created by someone, u copied a song that was created by someone.. How is that not the same?

So u've duplicated this car that is the exact same as Holdens. Drove it and liked it, then went back to Holden to pay for it because u liked it.. Why would u? Even if u didn't Holden would say, copyright laws champ, pay me or get sued

Same!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I get what your saying but it still isn't the same. A song isn't as much a physical thing as much as a car. In all honesty it would probably work out to be what a couple hundred CD's to break even. Everything else is pure profit. Either way there will always be the people who will buy it no matter what. So all they are losing is their profit which is what they are complaining about.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Exactly, it's profit in the end.

The only thing different in my comparision is a car is physical and a song is I guess virtual. Either way u still have have it in ur possession

It's the concept that is the same, it's classed as stolen until paid for, in the creators eyes.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
You%20Wouldn%27t%20Download%20A%20Car.jpg