Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melbourne and surrounding areas. Drivers, please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey guys

As some of you may know, I'm originally from the CCC.

The reason I'm here posting is because of the current media coverage about car clubs condoning reckless behaviour. As we all know, this ISN'T the case, we and I'm sure neither do you guys and girls condone reckless and illegal behaviour at any time and most certainly not whilst on a club meet.

We have tried over the past 6 months to get representatives from A Current Affair and Today Tonight and several other leading newspapers too come to a cruise/meet and see what really goes on. A bunch of car enthusiasts out for a good night with other car enthusiasts admiring each others cars as we do what cars are designed to do. Drive.

Unfortunatly, we as like many other car clubs have had non-club members arrive. Which is great! Except for when they DO behave in a reckless manner.

Our club has FULL support from the Doncaster Police. This does not seem to make any difference to the media.

So, on that note. I and few other members have taken it upon ourselves to organise a VERY PEACEFUL demonstration in about 4 weeks time (no details yet, will let you know via this thread if it isn't deleted which I would fully understand.) It would be a day time demonstration on the weekend in Doncaster. I'm attempting to organise some guest speakers to speak on our behalf and if anyone else is wishing to speak and voice their opinon then they too would be given the chance to spread their message.

I guess in short I would like to know if I have this clubs support as it is not just targeting Commodore drivers but ALL drivers of modified/performance and stock cars driven by car enthusiasts.

Thank you for you time and I hope to see you at the demonstration.

Best regards, Ray.

Majesticknights

The Dark Prince
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL HDT Calais Wagon Brock 346 stroker
i would gladly lend my support to this movment if not only to make one person realise that not all high performance car drivers are ********s. let us know of a date and it might be an idea to suggest that this isnt a demonatration based around members of the just commodores forums because if our name is everywhere and there are probs we could ruin or tarnish a great set of forums

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Thanks for you support!
and it is for ALL drivers. not just commodores.

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
What brought all this on in the first place? Like, what happened to make the media sit up and take note?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
what happened was the ********s who do like to do burnouts in the mainstreets happened. Destroying it for us who like to cruise and enjoy each others company.

I now have the MG owners of Vic promising support at the rally as well the WRX club.

R

rattattack1313

Keep up the good work , Rattler.... you are doing a wonderful job.....

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Yeah nice one mate. as you know its hard for me to get down that way but keep us updated and ill see what i can do. many colac lads going?

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
I may attend, commitment pending (work and tafe).. :) I find it unfair that everyone else gets a bad name because of a few people..

sv0478

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive station wagon
im more than happy to come along... depending on where and when it is

Rishy

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Nissan GU Patrol
congratulations on digging up a 3 year old thread.:bang:

Status