Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

**** Melbourne Roads!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Oh theres some shocking ones out there. Go to Europe, proof roads can be smooth as a baby's bottom. Driving in Sweden was pure bliss.

I love the roads where theres been a pothole and theyve tried filling it up but theyve put to much in there and now its a speed bump. Quality work.

Just look at Nige/Skitzn, he cracked a rim on the Monash Freeway, hit the Monash Speed Bump, got home and his rim is splitting.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Oh theres some shocking ones out there. Go to Europe, proof roads can be smooth as a baby's bottom. Driving in Sweden was pure bliss.

I love the roads where theres been a pothole and theyve tried filling it up but theyve put to much in there and now its a speed bump. Quality work.

Just look at Nige/Skitzn, he cracked a rim on the Monash Freeway, hit the Monash Speed Bump, got home and his rim is splitting.

Lol - you have to also consider popuation density with such things There is no co-incidence that Vic has better roads than NSW and QLD. Our population and tax base is significantly higher than those other states per km of road. Most of Europe would in turn be a ton higher than us.

Reaper

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Why is it that mass murderers never kill anyone who deserves it?

Lol - you have to also consider popuation density with such things There is no co-incidence that Vic has better roads than NSW and QLD. Our population and tax base is significantly higher than those other states per km of road. Most of Europe would in turn be a ton higher than us.

Reaper

..... And in other news today a heavily armed gunman is on the run after a shooting rampage at an alleged road "work" site. Police have confirmed a number of council contractors were shot dead by the gunman who is believed to be a resident of the Frankston area. There have also been witness reports that several onlookers cheered enthusiastically as many motorists present took the opportunity to defile the corpses of the slain "workers" by driving over them. ......

I have considered it, and that's why I am harboring a certain amount of ill will towards the likes of those I pictured above in my previous post. I want what I paid for, or I want my money back!

RubItInYaFace.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'd like to think an alloy rim would smash before it bent

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon

Not necessarily, my wife decided to run over a quite large rock at 100km/h and manage to put a nice flat spot on one of the VT SS rims, no cracks or fractures.

And yes, I'd agree with the quality of Melbournes roads. The western Fwy is getting worse by the day! The new bypass, where the Western Fwy meets the Ring Road, is shocking, feels like you're driving with a flat tyre.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yeah western freeway is pretty bad. some of the inner city and outer suburbs roads are **** as well. Especially around Bulleen, Camberwell, Hawthorn, Balwyn etc etc...roads are shithouse

TR33VV

Hummer and a chicken feed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II LS3+TURBO

I have to ask, why would you like to think that ?? I would much prefer a rim to bend/buckle than have it smash/shatter... I have 6 rims in my garage that all have balancing issues due to crap Sydney roads and none have visible defects. I have 2 rims that I could probably get away with using half bricks stuck on to get them to balance...:bang: