Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melted fuse rail :( ... Has any1 found another holden rail that will fit ?

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
I'm pretty sure you can fit a new rail, but still bypass that fuse with a fusable link, so you keep the fusebox looking nice and clean, and it won't melt it, as long as you make sure you put the right size fuse in your link lol

ill certainly suss that out ..

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
I got thicker wire to the headlights. And an auto leccy mate did his thing to make it stop shorting out and melting. I had the problem of them turning on and off every 30 seconds. Not fun when it turns to dark on the highway haha

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
I got thicker wire to the headlights. And an auto leccy mate did his thing to make it stop shorting out and melting. I had the problem of them turning on and off every 30 seconds. Not fun when it turns to dark on the highway haha

awesome just got it ... ill do this also , thankyou !!! :D

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Hey everyone , got my new fuse rail and talking to a mate about the installation and not melting again :)))) wooo hooo less stress number 99 !!!

derjizm

www.F2thaK.com
Reaction score
Website
www.F2thaK.com
Members Ride
'86 VL Berlina RB30E
oh wow this is coooool !!! i hadnt seen this :/ were am i looking on ebay lol :0 wow thankyou for this link :D

No probs :D Ive bought 2 of them already, will need another in the near future

edit: good way to keep fuses from melting is use 35w headlight globes

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Hey everyone , got my new fuse rail and talking to a mate about the installation and not melting again :)))) wooo hooo less stress number 99 !!!

Got 99 problems and a rail ain't one!

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
There should be no problems if using OEM rated globes.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Yeah I think its not so much about whats been drawn through it, but more to do with the resistence of ageing/dirty fuse contacts.If something is drawing x amount of current-say 18 amp and the fuse is rated at 20amp,it comes down to the inability for that power to be passed through the fuse without any buildup of resistence and if it cant well it builds up in the form of heat,I had a VK and I installed a twin relay neatly inside the fuse box for the High/Low beam and the original supply /feedwires then simply became the trigger for the relay and it drew only the power through the fuse that was required to trip the relay,never had a problem again.It must be a common **** problem as looking at alot of the fuse blocks in the wreckers,probably 8 out of 10 were melted