Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

memcal chip off ebay

VR_Berly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VR Berlina
i was just having a look through ebay and came across those memcal chips for a vr v6, these were priced at about $160-170 NOT THE $20 ONES!!, i just want to know whether they are any good?? + where is the ecu located?

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
as has been said Greenfoam,or nicefrog is ur main man to talk too.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
**** my ass!!! When will people learn to use the search feature of this ****ing forum?!?!?! This topic has been covered so many times, i feel a sharp pain in my head everytime i see the words "CHIP" and "EBAY" in the same heading.

Trust me, do a forum search and you will find heaps of threads on this.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
and more just got posted in the last hour lol

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I agree with cobez enough is enough, Ok to the OP the price they are asking is rediculous as greenfoam quoted "why so much for something that takes only a few minutes to do" and there was a guy on here who bought one from the overpriced ebayers and dyno tested it and got a 1kw difference then people put him in contact with greenfoam and he fixed the tune and wammo much more power, P.S did the one you looked at come with a knock sensor as well?

The Goat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5L
Could anyone out there advise me how to get in contact with this Greenfoam dude about memcals

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Could anyone out there advise me how to get in contact with this Greenfoam dude about memcals
Good luck with that, better chance finding a Yeti or a smart blonde. I have been sending Greenfoam the odd email through ebay for over a year. Not even an email back saying he is busy. I have been courteous and not pressuring him at all and still no response.