Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

memcal mafless retune

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
hello, just wondering how a mafless tune works. if i was to get a mace memcal then get it mafless tuned would i lose the preset memcal settings? my next intake upgrade is the 69mm tb, which just leaves heads and MAF as my restrictions. heads are already a work in progress, mace memcals dont support upgraded MAF, so what if i just removed it and tuned to suit? or no?

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
I have no idea about your questions but love your signature :rofl2:

MACE

Reaction score
Hey sleepinvt,

In regards to your questions/statements

"just wondering how a mafless tune works"
A mafless tune is a different calibration/tune that allows the support of a MAP sensor. This allowed the MAF to be disconnected, leaving the MAP sensor for mettering

"if i was to get a mace memcal then get it mafless tuned would i lose the preset memcal settings?"
You would

"my next intake upgrade is the 69mm tb, which just leaves heads and MAF as my restrictions. heads are already a work in progress, mace memcals dont support upgraded MAF, so what if i just removed it and tuned to suit? or no?"
There are only two tuning suites that support MAFless tuning one is Kalmaker, while the other is from Dicks Electronics. Before you go down the larger MAF or MAFless path you may want to consider upgrading your cam

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
cheers steve. thanks for the info :) trying not to go to internal work as im only on my Ps. headwork, high ratio rockers and a few spacers. cant do to much to the internals sadly
and cheers aussie bob

MACE

Reaction score
cheers steve. thanks for the info :) trying not to go to internal work as im only on my Ps. headwork, high ratio rockers and a few spacers. cant do to much to the internals sadly
and cheers aussie bob
Unless you want to get every last bit of power out of it, then I wouldn't worry about going MAFless with your proposed mods

Cheers,
Steve

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
i want every last hair on them horsies hind in my baby :) just weighing up the costs of a tune for a larger MAF or going mafless, with no restrictions at all just about....

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
trying to keep it sound semi standard though.........id absolutely love one, and there well worth the expense..also, if i get roller rockers and a cam, doesnt it produce to much lift? although i do have the mace seals and retainers which all up gives me an extra 0.050" clearance

MACE

Reaction score
trying to keep it sound semi standard though.........id absolutely love one, and there well worth the expense..also, if i get roller rockers and a cam, doesnt it produce to much lift? although i do have the mace seals and retainers which all up gives me an extra 0.050" clearance
If you want it to sound semi standard then go for our S1 Comp cam and it will be all good :) There will be no need to upgrade rockers or anything else, as they work quite well with the factory ratio

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers,
Steve

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim

Stage 1 Comp cam specs

• 210°/210° at .050"

• Intake Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

• Exhaust Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

• 113 LSA

Small cam but at least it won't be a dog of the thing in low speeds eg in slow traffic or around in town for example

Not sure how the idle note would sound like....I've only heard the stage 2 idle note on youtube and yeah its lumpy :yeah: