Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal modifications

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
does anyone here have a copy of the BFPM bin they can email me, or a link to download it?

ptal78

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Statesman SLE with VR efi & auto
One problem

I can see one problem with your idea. I have just done my conversion with a VR PCM and Autotrans and have not found a aldl setup that will talk over 8192 baud. I have the tunerpro software with a moates autoprom emulator and it is meant to do this but I can't find the ads file required.
I tried the emulator in my VP commodore and the aldl worked good but it was slow and disjointed so I went for the VR setup in my HZ conversion and modified the wiring loom to suit (There are many differences between the VP & VR wiring loom - at least there were for the auto pcm). I also bought a VR auto transmission for the electronic gear changes.
Has anyone got the aldl to work on VR because I really want to know this.

There is a really handy switch on the moates site for switching between programs called the GP3 Switcher Adapter with ZIF and Chip and you can also get an external switch that you can mount on your dash called the EX remote switch.
This plugs straight into the holden ECM/PCM and the original memcal with the knock filter that is mounted on it (Must be used if you use a knock sensor). This unit bypasses the original prom in the memcal but retains all of the limp home and block learn functions (I think).

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
one ads file attached and you need the 2 transistor aldl cable and need to make sure the aldl output pin on the aldl plug is rewired to the correct ecu pin as its different than where the vn pin goes

Attachments

• 16183082.zip
    2 KB · Views: 164

ptal78

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Statesman SLE with VR efi & auto
Theft Deterrent Signal issue

Thanks delcowizzid,

I've got the aldl connecting now but the values are not correct for some reason. For example, the TPS is stuck on a value and does not move, same with the rpm. I checked error codes and it has 31-Theft deterrent along with 12. Are my problems because I have not hooked up a remote key module? Is there a way of bypassing the theft deterrent signal? I don't really need it and would prefer an aftermarket system anyway. Do I need the original Remote-Key Module from the car I got the pcm from?

Thanks

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
could be that definition ive never used it go get efilive v4 it free to trial has most commis in there defined allready.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
try this i think i fixed it no guarentees ive been up for god knows how long didnt make it to be last night about to go now before i drop dead thought ide finish this first has most things now and in the right places

Attachments

• 16183082modded.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 152

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you got it all running yet mate