Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memory seat addon

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
I have a 2008 Caprice Middle East Version. I have the LTZ which doesn't come with the memory seats but the SS trim does. I was wondering what I would need to do for memory seats. Both I and my dad drive the car so we argue about seating positions. I understand that I will need to cut holes in the facia which is fine by me. If someone can instruct me on what I need for this It would be great.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think there’s a few threads on this already. Or maybe they were for VT-VZ? Hmm?

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
I think there’s a few threads on this already. Or maybe they were for VT-VZ? Hmm?
I haven’t found any. I think I might need the module and the buttons but is it a plug and play or will I need to wire some stuff. And will I need to program anything? Since the caprice has the functionally I thought maybe no programming needed. Not sure though.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
You’d need the side cover for the seat, the buttons, the module and wiring that mounts under the seat. And if you wanted the priority key stuff you need to tap into the databus. If you wanted the memory mirrors you’d also need a body loom or add the extra wires

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Oh and the motors inside the seats, they had potentiometers. Plus the wiring inside the seat.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
I put Calais full electric memory seats into my Omega, they work ok but no memory/key function

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I believe he wants to do it by getting the bits and making it work, getting a set of complete seats would be the logical way but may be hard in his country

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
I believe he wants to do it by getting the bits and making it work, getting a set of complete seats would be the logical way but may be hard in his country
Maybe I can find a wrecked caprice that has the system and then swap it with my car.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Yeah all the motors will need to be changed to the 4 wire type, the memory seat motors have potentiometers inside them which allow the memory module to know how many steps it’s taken. Being a VE there’s 5 motors inside.
I think finding a caprice would save you days of work