Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memory seat addon

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
Yeah all the motors will need to be changed to the 4 wire type, the memory seat motors have potentiometers inside them which allow the memory module to know how many steps it’s taken. Being a VE there’s 5 motors inside.
I think finding a caprice would save you days of work
Alright I will try doing that. Thanks for your help.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
No problems and good luck. If you happen to find a set of suitable seats getting the memory function on just the drivers seat is easily done.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
No problems and good luck. If you happen to find a set of suitable seats getting the memory function on just the drivers seat is easily done.
can u explain how??? I’ve got memory seats from a Calais in my Omega

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
And what is your drama? If you have a complete seat with the module mounted underneath the seat and the seat cover with the switches it’s only down to the wiring.
I’ll see if I can find the wiring diagrams for you, I know I either have them on my phone or one of the many cloud services. Is your car a VE and did the seats come from a VE also?
I have dismantled a WN Caprice seat before and used the parts to make my VZ passenger seat memory also and all the parts are interchangeable, only differences were the Caprice uses a motor for lumbar and there was a second module which you won’t need to worry about.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I can’t find my VE stuff atm but as I said the modules are the same and you really only need to connect 4 or 5 wires to get just the basics working.
2 wires to a 12v source, recommend one is switched with ignition, it’ll be the thinner of the two and it powers the module not the motors.
2 to constant earths, again one is thicker and should be as short as possible.
And the 5th wire is optional, one wire goes to the illumination relay and shuts down the modules so they don’t drain your battery when your car is locked or after the bcm battery saver mode kicks in.
With any luck one of the guys on this site has easy access to the colors for you, I’m currently stuck in a hotel room with just my phone in Canberra, I have all the manuals on my Mac in Melbourne and even that WN caprice seat at my work. I’ll fly home in about a week anyway for a weekend and can suss it out for you if no one else chimes in. It’s not hard at all and you have plenty of people on here to help guide you.
I hope I explained that properly for you