Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mick's VY Commodore

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey Guys,
New to the forums here...just bought my first car a month ago and have allready begun to make changes to it. Its my new project!
Got some big plans and the availible funds but its just a matter of when i have time...

Name: Mick
Model: 2002 VY Commodore Executive
Km's: 123,000
Colour: Silver
Engine Type: 3.8Lt Ecotec
Cost: $9800

* Mods:
- Tinted Windows
- VY SS Rims
- Pedders SL's Front & Rear

*Future Mods:
- Pedders SSL's in Rear
- Monroe GT Shocks
- Black Spoked 19" Rims (Tough Choice...)
- VY Calais Bodykit
- Black Door Strips Removed DONE
- Towbar Removed
- Debadged DONE
- VZ Calais Tailights
- SS Headlights
- Pacemaker Extractors
- Stainless steel Custom 2.5" Exhaust, Straight Through Pipe with Twin Dumps
- MACE Cold Air Intake System (Enclosed POD, Airflow Metre and Throttle Body)
- High Ratio Roller Rockers (Maybe...)
- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs DONE
- Eagle 8mm Ignition Leads DONE
- Performance Chip
- 2x Subs & Amps with a Decent Head Unit
- Personalised Plates

Within a week of buying it, a good mate of mine sold me his VY SS rims + tires for $500!!
A week later i got it lowered with Pedders SL's all round...im pretty happy with it atm but in the future i may chuck on some 19"s, SSL's in the back and get all the guards rolled.

Getting the front/rear bumpers, side skirts & numberplate surround painted silver, the black door strips removed/painted and the towbar removed sometime within the next 2 weeks. Will also debadge it as soon as i can.

Also looking at getting the exhaust and the pacies done in about a month...

Sorry about the pics...they were taken on my phone and i didnt know i was gunna join you lot!

aos8c6.jpg

After i chucked the SS rims on and washed it

15fndir.jpg

After it got lowered (springs have worn in and it has dropped abit since)

Ill post some better pics once all the spraying has been done...going to be an exciting next few months!
Any comments or suggestions would be appriciated!
Cheers :spot on:

Last edited:

remember_me

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy sedan
that sits nicely mate, if anything u would want it an inch lower if that, ive found go for sound quality in the vy, its such a big car to try get alot of bass out of them, should look mint when ur done good luck mate

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Thanks mate...yeah i might head back to the joint and get the rear springs cut instead of chucking SSL's in. Gunna put the 19's on and get the guards rolled then see how it sits. Also gotta put some pedders shocks in too cause its abit too bumpy at the moment!

Finally got the qoute for the bodywork i want done and was blown away! Those black door moulds cost an arm and a leg to spray!! Must find a cheaper way to alter them...im thinking of either taking them off myself or spraying them myself...
Gunna buy the vz calais tailights off ebay and the rear vy calais bumper off holmart next week then book her in for her facelift!!

Pics to follow facelift :)

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Just bought a Pinstripe Remover Wheel and a bottle of Goo Gone off ebay...hopefully they come in next week so i can have a crack at these door moulds before it goes into the bodyshop for its facelift...

Also thinking of lining the back of the front bumper with some black mesh instead of those crappy plastic bits...

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Finally got around to doing one side of the door moulds with the caramel wheel...only took me 3 hours lol
Before:
hrbgr5.jpg

After i finished taking the other sides moulds off (I was using a bodyboard as a knee rest lol):
2ew34w2.jpg

1 door complete:
x6alfl.jpg

Side complete:
2ipvf8.jpg

I had to buy another wheel off ebay and that came in yesterday, so now that iv finished work for the year i can finally start getting something done!!
Will start on the other side tomoro :)

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
*Bump*
All door moulds are off and everything has been debadged apart from the bootlid holden badge.
I have vy calais front and rear bumpers and vz calais tail lights ready to go in...exciting times ahead!!
Also got Iridium spark plugs for $10 each lol, so their going in on the next service which is next week.
Im looking at booking her in for the facelift within the next month or so...cant wait!!

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
im so glad you made this a priority on ur mods list, I cant stand those black strips, ide been hunting for a new car for ages and just because of them i completely ruled out any stock exec's with them, finally found myself a VY s-pack for 10,700, was completely stoked, hope your door moulds come up nicely mate, i pick up my car on friday...i feel like ive drunk about 10 cans of mother im that antsy to go pick it up, lol goodluck with ur work!

Asa Spades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hahaha thanks man....yea their bloody ugly things!! God job on buying the s pack...thats a bargain! The hunt paid off lol.
With all the money iv spent buying stuff for my car in the last couple of weeks i could have probably bought a vy calais or an sv6....buuuut im enjoying modding my car which is all that matters i guess.

Also just bought a chrome vy calais numberplate surround and a calais handbrake :)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yup was an absolute steal, got it from my mates dad who owns a car dealership on sydney rd in melbourne, im thinking about swapping the spoiler/headlights/tailights for the SS versions cos ive already got the foggies n my 18's are goin on the day i get it, hopefully i can find somebody around here whos taken their SS spoiler off..fingers crossed