Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

might be the wrong question but .....

agrocm

Reaction score
how much would it cost to respray my vz ute i am buying inc the engine bay ?thanks the one i am looking at is white i was thinking red or black

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Why don't you just buy a red or a black one? It would be a lot cheaper

agrocm

Reaction score
thast exactly right stocky i am afer a s ute 5 speed manual , my old man works on council and i have looked at teh sheets and white ones have better resail hence why u go to auction they are mostly white. this is why i wanna get one and respray it casue i cant find any 5 speed manual utes out there and also i cam buying a new vented bonnet ssx front maloo side gaurds and rear panel as well as vented side gaurds not them ss ones better ones and a ssz hard top so i need to spray this stuff anyway thanks for ur help

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
all i can suggest is get some quotes for a respray in your area then compare it to the price of a normal priced ute of the colour you want

agrocm

Reaction score
10 g are u kidding i am in for more than i thought. would it ruin it if i did it my self ? i am handy wiht the gun but its neva the same and its hard to do black is it not ? i was thinking more like 3 or 4 grand but hey

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
agrocm said:
10 g are u kidding i am in for more than i thought. would it ruin it if i did it my self ? i am handy wiht the gun but its neva the same and its hard to do black is it not ? i was thinking more like 3 or 4 grand but hey
In your dreams tell him hes dreaming son:w00t:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
im basing my estimate on what i was roughly quoted just to put some SS side vents in. around 2K and that included:
cost of side vents
new SS panels
painting of said panels
blending of paint into doors, bonnet and front bar

its not cheap if you want a decent job done. correct me if i am wrong, but for a full respray they would near have to strip the whole car and remove the engine to paint the engine bay..

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i would say betwen four and six.. cause its a white car and would need little prep work.. but that wouldnt be in any fancy colour just factory colours etc...but it would be cheaper if u preped it yourself would save u a couple of grand...

btw from my experiences black is a bitch of a colour to get perfect

also its very rare they strip the car everthing is basicly just covered up.