Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mileage from the V6

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
We have a VT acclaim v6. i fill up every 300kms normally takes around 35 litres. Distance to empty usually reads around 610kms.I have the spark plugs changed every 10000kms.

B

Big_Lebowski

Damn. I'm only getting about 500kms from normal unleaded.

Although mine seems to run rough when idling.... I changed the plugs & leads, but it still runs the same....

Might have to take it in somewhere to get it looked at.... But where to take it? Hmmmmm

ahmedomnnea

Ahmed.Iraq
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Excutive, 3.8 V6/A4
I am getting around 300 km from a full tank, please tell me if I need to do something with my vx.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
yes stop booting it
if mine did 300 ks i would have her crushed
and im charged

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
if my ss get 300 to a tank it would be gone.but i only fill up with $60 40 or so litres and i get 425ish k's

ahmedomnnea

Ahmed.Iraq
Reaction score
Members Ride
I am getting 350 km from a full tank so please do I have a problem with my VX(V6 Ecoteck)
and I drive like an old lady. Please tell me what to do?
do I need to clean the throttle body or the injectors or the problem is bigger than that?

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
ahmedomnnea

there are a few things you could do. Check your air filters are clean, spark plugs are serviced, HT leads are in good condition. Also what is your engine idle speed?

Also get your MAF sensor checked out. If its on the way out, it will affect how your ECM calculates how much fuel to pump into your cylinders.

Make sure your fuel gauge is accurate...are you having to fill up between 60-65L when your gauge says you're empty?

Then theres other things that affect fuel consumption such as do you drive everywhere with your headlights (or high beam - yes silly but I have seen people doing it and its annoying when you're either infront of them or driving in the opposite direction to them), do you drive with your air cond on all the time, stereo up loud etc. Turn off the electrics you don't need, after all these things will also burn up your fuel.

ahmedomnnea

Ahmed.Iraq
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks ACEMonkey,
I got a new air filter for my car and checked the spark plugs made sure they are clean and proper, my engine Idles at around 750 rpm, I don't drive at night much so I don't use headlights, yes i drive with the A/C on because it's hot as hell here, my fuel gauge isn't working properly but once I had around 160 km on trip comp and filled up 52 Ltrs., of course I reset the trip every time I refuel, if you don't mind I have a couple of questions:
what do you mean by HT?
what do you mean by MAF?

will be thankful for your help.

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
HT - high tension leads - the cables to your spark plugs
MAF - Mass Air Flow sensor - that electronic bit thats not far after your air filter box.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
i get about 500 - 600, depends on how much city driving i do, usually fill up about 65 litres (the computer says i have 0kms left at 65 litres, but i have a 75 litre tank so i just fill up then anyways). and i usually only put 91 in the car.

but if i muck around one week, ill get 450 - 500 from the tank.