Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mini spool and 3.9's in vs commodore

tbblitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 L
im thinking about getting a mini spool and 3.9's in my v6 vs commodore.
Just wondering if i get this done what will my car rev range sit at on 100kmh.
Also will it kick in the auto drive at 100kmh. My mate has 345 and it goes on and off with his over drive doing 100kmh.

Also how much is my speedo going to be out and how much is it to get it re adjusted.

Thanks

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
235/40/18 3.7 diff =2343rpm
235/40/18 3.45 = 2184rpm
235/40/18 3.91 =2476rpm
can't see why it wouldn't but I'm no expert
enough to lose your lisence

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
minispool gonna be a biatch to drive on the road, the back end won't like going around corners unless you spin the wheels etc. it'll feel like the car is suffering from under steer and the back feel like it's hopping, like diff chatter

S

scared_

im not a fan of mini spools on street cars unless you have money for new back tires every few months. they tend to choo the fu*k outa the tires.

simc said:
VN 6cyl has a openwheeler, 28sp, 4pin center, with 28sp axels and a 3.08 ratio.
On the street, open wheeler, anyting above 3.45 is usless as you will have too much wheelspin. 3.89, 4.11 are also pretty usless on standard engines as they dont have the high rpm power to keep pulling at higher speeds.

3.45, nice average, 3.7 max on a street auto with a stockish engine, 3.89 or 4.11 locked, nice burnouts :)

Keep in mind that your speedo needs correcting after a gear change.

enhancedss said:
Diff gears,

me personally id go 3.9's to get the car of the line, due to the car hasnt got the torque from a v6, fuel economy wont be much of a difference between between 3.7's and 3.9's.

If auto the car has a lock up convertor so u wont be reving to hard at 100km/h, if manual you will utilise the 5th gear better.

Normally you will find better fuel economy around town from changing diff gears, cause your taking alot of the load of the engine, hence its working better.

enhancedss said that last quote about a manual VP V6.
hope i helped