Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mini Spool

muzzz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina V6
yeah, apparently you need to spread the metal casing that holds the bearings for the half shafts.

muzzz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina V6
hey ss matt, mini spool is in....its probably the best thing i've ever experienced...nuff said

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
hey ss matt, mini spool is in....its probably the best thing i've ever experienced...nuff said

you end up paying someone to do it or did you do it yourself?

muzzz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina V6
got a diff shop to do it, driveline gears in wollongong, very good service...put it i 1pm wednesday and it was good to go at 5...told em it was for a work ute and needed it asap, lol the poor blokes probly thinken wat the **** does a work ute need a spool for

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
i have a ute v8 man with 3.45mini spool so much fun you will have no shoes by tomorro

5ivespeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Manual
lol the poor blokes probly thinken wat the **** does a work ute need a spool for

hahaha thats the weirdest excuse man. yeh im thinkin of gettin a minispool now especially since i got live axle. stealth what do you think of standard gears or do you think i should get a diff ratio? and how bad is the tight turn noise? and does it usually leave marks on good tyres?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
hahaha thats the weirdest excuse man. yeh im thinkin of gettin a minispool now especially since i got live axle. stealth what do you think of standard gears or do you think i should get a diff ratio? and how bad is the tight turn noise? and does it usually leave marks on good tyres?

You don't 'need' a ratio change, but if its on the card, you might aswell do it at the same time. Unless your fitting it yourself, then you don't have any labour costs, if your getting it done, no point paying twice the labour charge if your thinking about a ratio change.
The tight turn noise can be reduced if you know how to drive with a spool. It will come as 2nd nature eventually.
My tyres leave marks on concrete.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
the tight turn noise depends on what tyres you have my old ones used to make the car hop and make alot of noise. now with new different brand of tyre cant feel it at all and you can only hear the noise unless on loose gravel or if you stick your head out the window. they dont leave black marks its more like really light dusty rubber bits lol

DACROW

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 ecotec series 3 vs ute
anyone know the laws regarding minispools in qld. Im about to add one to the vs ute and would like to know how hard it is for the fuzz to know its there