Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mini Spools

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
makntracks said:
how much are they and where can i bye one.
thanx

STEALTHY said:
Most Transmission and gearbox places sell them, and i think someone even said they got one from sprints one time.

need i say anymore! Seems even search doesn't work now!

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
It would be a lot quicker & easier to fit a minispool & reassemble with the shims in the same spot. Fitting a full spool will need new bearings, collapsable spacer, an assortment of shims & a lot more time.

tbblitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 L
i got a quote from quickshift today $300 install on a vs commodore.

very tempted to do it. only worried about if something breaks.

If i snap a axcel can i still drive the car to get fixed etc?

What else would be possible to break?

i know they skip when turning courners but how tight does the turn have to be and are the virbrations strong?

Thanks heaps Tim

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I have a question for the experience spool users..
How much more of an advantage do you get down the 1/4 mile?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
ok heres another question for you minispool owners. will a minispool stop my wheels from spinning as soon as i plant my foot?
im not talking about drag races, i could care less, i just want to know so that when im in a situation i need to get out of really quick, the cars not gonna sit there and just spin.

im asking cause just a minute ago i was in traffic, trying to get through a gap in traffic quickly, so i had to go fast, but i started to go then the wheels just spun like crazy. luckily i got out before a truck got me

T

Turko

I use a Spool for one reason only. Burnouts.
Yes a Spool should stop wheel Spin. Just remember slow down when taking corners, Or you'll wrap ya self around a pole. When you got a Spool the car tends to go straight at High Speeds.
Make sure you change the Axcels in ya car when fitting a Spool Unless you want to be Snapping Axcels when ya Turning. Some people are lucky and they never snap. But i have plenty of mates that have. Billet Axcels are great

Mini Spool all the way :D

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
tbblitz said:
i got a quote from quickshift today $300 install on a vs commodore.

very tempted to do it. only worried about if something breaks.

If i snap a axcel can i still drive the car to get fixed etc?

What else would be possible to break?

i know they skip when turning courners but how tight does the turn have to be and are the virbrations strong?

Thanks heaps Tim
The car can still be driven with a snapped axle (most times it'll break just after the splines). I drove mine around for a day and a half when i snapped one

Its possible that anything can break, just like a normal diff.

You can daily drive them and make them not 'skip'. Or should i say, 'I' can, not sure about anyone else. If you full lock it, it'll skip, but how often are you going to do a u turn on full lock, when you can just drop the clutch and turn around on the spot.

What vibrations?:whistling

Turko said:
Just remember slow down when taking corners, Or you'll wrap ya self around a pole. When you got a Spool the car tends to go straight at High Speeds.

If your car does that, you've obviously got some major suspension issues. I've never had that problem, the car does what i want whenever i want it, high or low speed.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
My race car has a hard time turning at slower speeds as it will just push forward (understeer). At a normal speed & correct throttle it wont handle any different from a normal car with an open or LSD.

BUSTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN LE
Turko said:
I use a Spool for one reason only. Burnouts.
Yes a Spool should stop wheel Spin. Just remember slow down when taking corners, Or you'll wrap ya self around a pole. When you got a Spool the car tends to go straight at High Speeds.
Make sure you change the Axcels in ya car when fitting a Spool Unless you want to be Snapping Axcels when ya Turning. Some people are lucky and they never snap. But i have plenty of mates that have. Billet Axcels are great

Mini Spool all the way :D
hey i was wondering how much the billet axcels cost you?