Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mini

southy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suzuki Swift GTI
redlinegti.com • View topic - FS: Mini g13b turbo

Ive seen this thing in the flesh and its an awesome piece of work!! I would reccomend doing something like that, because anything really bigger than the G13b your going to have trouble with the placement of other items!!

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
redlinegti.com • View topic - FS: Mini g13b turbo

Ive seen this thing in the flesh and its an awesome piece of work!! I would reccomend doing something like that, because anything really bigger than the G13b your going to have trouble with the placement of other items!!

that looks good. i might do that.

so in that, do you know if it was hard to fit it all in??

thats a 1.3 DET isnt it?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok guys, im going to inspect a mini from the guy i bought my commy off, his dad races mini's so thats a plus, hopefully itll be good, also might be getting a turbo out of a SAAB nice and cheap off a mate who totaled his SAAB, and i think its going to get a g13b as well.

what do we all think

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
What you want is a 1971 Cooper S Mk 2 only problem is it will cost you around $20g

But that's my pick..

My pick too, at least it would be an appreciating classic. I sold a Mk2 S about 10 years ago, they have appreciated a lot for an original one, next choice would be a round nose Mini K, a few places around are now supercharging the original 'S' motors with good results. Stick with the original round nose more valuable and better looking. Don't bastardise it either stick with the conventional 'Head/cam/exhaust/weber' route or go the supercharger conversion, surprising how quick you can get these little packages going via the old school conventional methods.
I have had a few quick ones over the years.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
not a fan of the new mini's but this one looks half decent
2vbrdd0.jpg

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
Dude i have a 72 round nose - i got an mg metro for the 1275 (basically a late model cooper engine) then supercharged it, cranks like hell really for an old pushrod 5 port,

you can also fit bmw twin cam head (motorbike) - combined with turbo make alot of power and still retain the best part of driving a mini.... that awesome screaming gearbox

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
not a fan of the new mini's but this one looks half decent
2vbrdd0.jpg
that looks ok but im not a fan of the newbies as well
That sounds messy... :unsure:
acrobatic stuff, better???

anyways guys, this one im wanting, im going to inspect it tomorrow, ive been speaking with the guys son and he says it is a clubman, i hope its not the wagon type one...

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
My pick too, at least it would be an appreciating classic. I sold a Mk2 S about 10 years ago, they have appreciated a lot for an original one, next choice would be a round nose Mini K, a few places around are now supercharging the original 'S' motors with good results. Stick with the original round nose more valuable and better looking. Don't bastardise it either stick with the conventional 'Head/cam/exhaust/weber' route or go the supercharger conversion, surprising how quick you can get these little packages going via the old school conventional methods.
I have had a few quick ones over the years.
unfortunately i think i will have to bastardise it, itll be the cheapest option putting in some swift GTi driveline and a turbo. cheap and fast