Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Minor issue, VT start up.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I'm not sure if it is related but I degreased and washed my engine yesterday, the ABS and Traction control light come on but that also happens often in wet weather so I though nothing of it. It goes away when its dry again.

It started first kick and I drove it another 2 times after that yesterday as well.

This morning when I jumped in the car and turned the key all it made was a clicking sound from behind the dash, it was a constant "click click click click click" but it didn't even try to turn over.

After about 1 minute of trying to start it I put on the radio, put on the lights, opened the door, closed the door, locked and unlocked it again. (basicly testing there was power, brand new battery though)

Then tried again and it went first try.

I'm not sure if it had something to do with the locking and unlocking that made it start or it was water somewhere it shouldn't be and just a coincidence that it worked after doing that.

After I got to where I was going, turned it off and when I started it again it was fine.

Although I was worried a bit at first now I am just wondering what it was and hoping it wont happen again. All my previous cars after washing the motor if they had anything wet that shouldn't be they would still try and turn over so its kind of got me a little stumped as to what was going on.

I've only been driving this for a few weeks so I'm not really up to scratch on the little things/common problems/character of these cars ect.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about or has had the same problem before (tick tick tick) I'd like to know what causes it if you know.

Thanks.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
mmm intteresting 1 that 1
I'm not sure if it is related but I degreased and washed my engine yesterday, the ABS and Traction control light come on but that also happens often in wet weather so I though nothing of it. It goes away when its dry again.

It started first kick and I drove it another 2 times after that yesterday as well.

This morning when I jumped in the car and turned the key all it made was a clicking sound from behind the dash, it was a constant "click click click click click" but it didn't even try to turn over.

After about 1 minute of trying to start it I put on the radio, put on the lights, opened the door, closed the door, locked and unlocked it again. (basicly testing there was power, brand new battery though)

Then tried again and it went first try.

I'm not sure if it had something to do with the locking and unlocking that made it start or it was water somewhere it shouldn't be and just a coincidence that it worked after doing that.

After I got to where I was going, turned it off and when I started it again it was fine.

Although I was worried a bit at first now I am just wondering what it was and hoping it wont happen again. All my previous cars after washing the motor if they had anything wet that shouldn't be they would still try and turn over so its kind of got me a little stumped as to what was going on.

I've only been driving this for a few weeks so I'm not really up to scratch on the little things/common problems/character of these cars ect.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about or has had the same problem before (tick tick tick) I'd like to know what causes it if you know.

Thanks.