Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

?misfire while cruising

micksvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 svz wagon
Hi all its my first time using forum.I have recently changed plugs,air filter and cleaned maf and changed oil.I reset the ecu by disconnecting battery for half hour and went for a drive. Average economy was bout 9l/100 where previously was around 14l/100k. A week later on the highway cruisin around 80km_100km/h . Could feel a slight hestitation and the ave fuel wouldnt go below 12.5l/100. it idles smooth as. it has done 76.,000 km. Tranny hasnt been serviced could this be the cause. Thanks for any advice.its a 06 alloytec.

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
Generally when you do the plugs you should change the coils also purely because it's a "big job" and while mechanics are there they reccomend changing them. I believe you should get these changed also.

micksvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 svz wagon
I was hoping because it has only done 76,000km the coils havent broken down yet. I'll look into those next. the Tranny Oil is dirty and not very red anymore could this cause hesitation while on constant speed of 80_100km/hr. Thanks.

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
If it's a "misfire" then it's a plug or coil. I'm 99% sure it'll be one of your coils is damaged mate :)

Malcolm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz V6 Wagon
G'day I had the same problem you have.i changed the plugs and coils and the car has been running great.Change all the coils,not just one.i bought mine from Melbourne for $259 delivered.6 NGK plugs and 6 coils.