Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

misfiring?

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
alright looking to get my dirty little hands on a set of vt twim thermos as they seem to be the way to go. anyone fit them into a vb-vk commo? ive measured up my space and the fans dimensions and it looks like it will fit but only just. how much stuffing around was involved?

186,9er

its called a flange gasket and by the sounds of it your valve stem seals may be blown symtoms are similar and it causes blow back through the carby and normally a thin oil coating on most things in your engine bay. the "running on" is called dieseling and happens because you will have an excess of carbon in your compression chambers, you should consider a head recondition

186,9er

go get yourself a 10 or 12" davies craig thermo fan, all you need m8

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Only way you'll nkow how it will fit mate is buy one... If you are using it for your main do you want to use it as switch control? like manual control.

You must keep an eye on temp !

You could still kepp your mech fan and use a single thermo for backup.

G

Grantis1976

It's gone too far now.... if it sounds like a scoobydoo, get on to the Army, I'm sure one of little Johnny's foot patrol will have a spare kilo or 5 of "plastic" to load the bores with to blow it up !

Sorry to give you the bad news

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
its a good car and ive been told by the family its gotta stay with us... not a spot of rust and 100,000K on the clock ive already had a fair few offers from people to buy it. the thermo fan is in my head cause i wanna quieten it down... thats all. im gonna have a switch in the car to control it but im always watchin my gauges when i drive to catch any potential problems early

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
yobbo88 said:
its a good car and ive been told by the family its gotta stay with us... not a spot of rust and 100,000K on the clock ive already had a fair few offers from people to buy it. the thermo fan is in my head cause i wanna quieten it down... thats all. im gonna have a switch in the car to control it but im always watchin my gauges when i drive to catch any potential problems early

I'm with ya mate, and with all the great advice people give in the end, you know whats best for your car :thumbsup: