Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing Extractor Bolts

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Could be 1.25, been a while. Pretty sure they are not M10 though.

Yea it would be 1.25 if M8 as that is the most coarse available then the metric fine is M8 x 1.0

Blade_Runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8 V6
You don't have any taps you can try in the hole? I'd buy a cheap set of taps to try for thread and size before I pulled out the extractors. Or even a few different sized bolts.
But I do hate working on exhaust headers.

I do but but I don't really want to mess with the threads if possible, funds are short at the moment aha

Blade_Runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8 V6
long story short, bolt shop told me the bolts needed are m10 but they couldn’t get any bolt to fit the extractor. So I got some thread pitch gauges, found it to be around 1.5 and drove an m10 x 1.5 tap through it. I then bought some cheap bolts from Bunnings and bobs ya Aunty it’s back on the car. But I need to get bolts with a smaller head as these are 17mm and I can’t get a spanner or socket around em when they are up against the flange. Cheers for the help.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
V6 or V8? The V6 should be UNC not metric.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Forget that I thought you meant the manifold studs. Go to an exhaust shop. That's where I got mine if you are referring to the the ones that connect that little short pipe on the runners.