Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing under load

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Sorry its not knocking i meant the timing is retarding. Why would that be if the the knock sensors arent detecting anything?

I havent logged a run since last night when the fuel was richer but the drivers side bank should have been seeing around 12.5:1 atleast.

cracker

Reaction score
not trying to be a smart ass but i had no end to ingintion leed issues, i found the extra heat of the turbo manifolds cooked alot of my leeds, topguns which resulted in them shorting to earth, was very odd would idle fine but once under load/rpm they would arch to the body.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Same problems i had on my VS turbo ^^ had my leads insulated with the orange tubing from pirtek but would still cook them after 3 or 4 months & cause all sorts of problems under load.

Hopefully it is just something easy to fix.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
same here leads dont last long one day alls good next day missus under load
ive had 4-5 sets over ast few yrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
factory v6 is 1mm and factory supercharged is 1.5
i do 1.3 aftermarket seems good for my car

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
factory is 1.5mm factory S/C is 1.3mm theres strange things a foot in the tune and fuel supply anyway. as its only swinging closed loop on one bank. its commanding 12:1 ratio when on boost and its definatly not getting that as o2 volts are well under 900mv .lean cruise both sensors cut right out to zero .few little spots of knock here and there but not much 4-8 degrees of retard thats being pulled easily by the ecu. so its safe.its knocking when it wants to .theres no regularity too it really. sometimes its retarding under no tps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
woops got that fully backwards hehehe
1.3 i run at as factory charged says, not 1mm hehe

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Anything wrong with these? They have only done about an hours worth. I only richened the fuel up about 15mins before i took them out.

IMG_0770r1.jpg

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The one on the right looks like you might have some coolant leaking into the cylinder. If it only happens when hot it could explain it. As the engine heats up, the coolant pressurizes more and gets forced into the cylinder via a shagged intake manifold gasket.