Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mitsubishi is poised to introduce Australia’s first 10-year warranty

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
They won’t be here in 3yrs to honour it, let alone 10..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They won’t be here in 3yrs to honour it, let alone 10..

Where do you get that from? Even though they stopped producing cars in this country years ago, they have still been importing cars since the closure of the manufacturing plant...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Back in 2008, when I looked at a Lancer Evo, Mitsubishi had a 10 year driveline warranty that went along with the 7500km service interval for the Evo. I believe you could service it at any 3rd party provider as well as the dealer network.

This time around Mitsubishi are offering a bumper to bumper 10 year warranty but there are conditions. The 10 year warranty requires you only service it at a dealer using their fixed prices service schedule. It hasn’t been reported what the service interval or fixed price costs actually are (which I think is an important fact missing from the article). There is also the fact that if you choose to go the 3rd party service route, warranty defaults to either 5 or 7 years (Guess it depends on which model).

Still, it seems like a good step forward but I guess it depends on the details. If the service tax isn’t too high, to gain the 10 year warranty, it may be worth it ;)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where do you get that from? Even though they stopped producing cars in this country years ago, they have still been importing cars since the closure of the manufacturing plant...

Their volume sellers like lancer and Pajero have gone the way of the dinosaur. Triton will probably prop them up for a while, ASX is rubbish and have you seen the Pajero sport?o_O..

There’s not much else of any substance there in my opinion. Could be wrong but I don’t see them lasting

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
All i see on the road Mitsubishi, are Pajero Sports.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
When well established companies like Mitsubishi start throwing out ten year warranties, to me it’s a sign they’re in trouble.

Kia did it with their 7yrs to get some market traction (they were essentially a nobody at the time) and it worked, but I’d argue their offerings are a lot more desirable than most mitsi’s, who have had a presence in Australia for nearly 40yrs (longer if you count Chrysler Aust into the equation).

Watch the servicing costs go up to pay for this stunt as well..not to mention the local independents wont be thrown a single scrap in terms of software updates etc.

Thinking about it, this would steer me away from mits rather than to them

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hold my beer

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

As he points out, count the Bitsashitty ads in that link at the top of the thread. It’s a lot.