Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mitsubishi Replacement Key

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I just got myself a Mitsubishi lancer as a first car but it only came with one key. Apparently the key has a transponder in it that acts as an immobiliser so that only a proper key can be used. The back-up I just got cut can only be used for doors and to get a proper one the guy said it was going to cost $110. No way this can be right. Anyone know who can do these keys for cheaper than $110.

The car has no central locking either so programing isn't needed.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Nah thats quite Possible.... Misto parts are bloody expensive specially their keys.

To get a new central locking remote/key and setup to the car was something like 1200 or 1600 bux for my sisters Pajero, needless to say, she doesnt have remote central locking anymore lol.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I got it cut at just a local cutter but it's only for the doors. Can't remember the name. I called Mitsubishi, and they will charge me $90 for the blade, $40 for programming of immobiliser and $30 for the cutting. Huge rip off.

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
I got it cut at just a local cutter but it's only for the doors. Can't remember the name. I called Mitsubishi, and they will charge me $90 for the blade, $40 for programming of immobiliser and $30 for the cutting. Huge rip off.
yeah thats what my bill says aswell it cost me $56 for the romote but costs labour costs $60.00

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yeah thats sounds about right, the key does have a transponder in it that is matched to the ecu and bcm,

M L G A • Index page

try here, will have everything you need