Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mmmm sick again?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i reckon you would know about it if you had tonsillitis, it feels like razor blades cutting the insides of your throat every time you swallow.
glandular fever sounds more like it though - from what you've said. i got it when i was a kid and i remember being out of action for weeks just sleeping and crawling around (yes, i didnt even have the energy to stand and walk on my own). so its not exactly fun stuff.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Get the blood tests, it amazing what they can find. I just found out my thyroid isint working, it kind explains a few things, inc how tired I am also.

Ive had glandular fever also, knocks you around a bit. Lucky had my tonsils out when I was 8yrs old because I was suffering so much.

Get the drugs into you, but more so get the rest. Your body is telling you it needs to rest to recover.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
ggggrrr double post

Last edited:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
yeah from what ive read on the net glandular fever causes swelling of the tonsils? woke up thismorning with painful kidneys which is NOT a good sign..

i doubt its a iron deficiency, my diet hasnt changed in ages, i eat red meat atleast 3 times per week,

the whole reason i went to the doctors in the first place was ive been energyless in the last month and its getting worse, i went on a red meat diet for like 4 days and i felt a little better but im still getting worse...

oh well i guess ill know tommorrow.....good thing work will let me work from home if i need to, ive got the tools to work from anywhere, peak hour traffic etc.. god bless technology and the fact that the armish arnt in power!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
'but im not gay'

Doc 'sure your not gay :whistling'

Hmmm.... it's real bad luck when you give yourself the clap like that.

Dunno about tonsilitus - had them out when i was a kid. As for the rest - welcome to my life. You just get used to it after a while.

Reaper

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i had glandular fever back in yr10, sounds like you do have it unfortunatly. Bad thing is that once you've had it your immune system is never the same and can take years to fully recover. It ws about 4-5yrs ago for me now and my immune system still isnt up to scratch... i spent 3 weeks in bed and almost two months before i was feeling ok...took so much time off school...

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
yeah from what ive read on the net glandular fever causes swelling of the tonsils? woke up thismorning with painful kidneys which is NOT a good sign..

i doubt its a iron deficiency, my diet hasnt changed in ages, i eat red meat atleast 3 times per week,

the whole reason i went to the doctors in the first place was ive been energyless in the last month and its getting worse, i went on a red meat diet for like 4 days and i felt a little better but im still getting worse...

oh well i guess ill know tommorrow.....good thing work will let me work from home if i need to, ive got the tools to work from anywhere, peak hour traffic etc.. god bless technology and the fact that the armish arnt in power!
I know people are going to say, "that’s impossible, bull****" to the what im about to say but seriously, I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy...

I got tonsillitis and glandular at the same time, I remember the exact day I got it, I felt really off, real sudden loss on energy and went to the boss at work, I don’t feel good with the reply of, "oh diagnosing yourself now", anyway I went home and booked to go to the doctors because I just had that gut feeling that something was really wrong with me. Got an appointment that afternoon.

He showed concern of the size of my glands (lymph nodes) and scheduled a blood test for me the following day.

The next day I went in for a blood test and felt worse. He asked me if I’ve been with any intimately in the last 1-2 weeks and I had.

By the third day I was feeling like complete ****, really tired and just felt like doing nothing and started to get a saw throat, I hadn’t eating since the morning I left work (3 days). I remember my heart just pounded away if I didn’t anything, if I walked like 20m to the car I’d have to sit down and rest, felt like I had gone for a 4k run! A couple of days went past and with each day my health deteriorated greatly.

About a week later I received the blood test results back and it was confirmed that I had glandular, but by then it was really useless news. I hadn’t eaten for about a week and a half and was starting to loss bodyweight and muscle mass. From this period not much happened until about 5 weeks after when I first felt a bit off from work. In those 5 weeks I did not eat ANYTHING! I lived on tea and red myzone that was it, everything else hurt too much to swallow. For some reason red myzone and tea where the only things that my body would except. Because I hadn’t eaten anything for so long I lost 26% of my muscle and 30kg of weight. I seriously think that if I didn’t have some body fat I’d be in serious ****...

Every night from about week 2 to about week 6 I would throw up every night without fail. During the night mucus from my mouth would slide down into my stomach and because I had nothing in there and it was mucus my stomach would reject it resulting in me throwing up just stomach acid. To the result in about week 6 I had vomited that much that the inside of my throat had stripped itself of skin and blood was dripping down into my stomach, so then I’d only throw up blood, that’s when I started to get really scared.

This is when it gets worse... in week 7 I didn’t sleep for the whole week, 7 days with no sleep, still vomiting blood, I don’t remember much because I was so delusional from not sleeping, but my parents have told me some pretty weird **** that I was doing. I remember one night that my eyesight turned green, everything was green! Then I past out for about 3 solid days.

I woke up in hospital...

I spoke to the head doctor and he said this is the worst case he's ever seen of glandular fever in his whole 30 something years as a doctor. BREAKING RECORDS OHHHHH YEAHHHH!!! lol

He said that its only going to get worse and I remember as if it was yesterday, I just said in my mind "**** this" im really really over this, and I think it helped a little, just mentally thinking about getting better.

But little did I know the last 2 weeks will be the worse... im starting to eat but only little things like a grape here and there or a biscuit

The rash ohh **** the rash you think chicken pox is bad, it’s got nothing on the glandular rash!!! The first week the top half of my body was covered in a rash that is so itchy all your muscles continuously flex. Nothing helps it, I had baths in some cream ****, didn’t help, I had to basically be knocked out every night to get some sleep. Then the next week it was my lower body!!! It was weird; it was like someone had drawn a line right across my waist.

The rash went away after the 2 weeks, then one morning I was hungry as ****! I ate so much; all I did all day was eat, then for the next week I started to get some energy back. I was off work for a total of 2 and a half months, and was on light duties for 2 months after that.

All in all the worst period of my life so far...

Sorry about the spelling and grammar mistakes, its alot of typing