Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile Phone Car Kit

D

death-from-above

When i bought my VS it had a mobile phone car kit (THB brand) and its for a nokia 8250, however I have a nokia 3200, if anyone knows of a place that installs or sells thr cradles can you please let me know,

BTW ive tried, strathfield, JB, Crazy John (may have a cradle but wont garuntee it fits)... Ive tried to find where the kit was installed but the previous owner is over seas.

I was told that it is the same cradle for the 7250 but still having heaps of trouble trying to get a cradle

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
eBay.... they usually cater for the phones the stores don't.

D

death-from-above

I have to admit Im no guru at mobile phone installations so any help would be appreciated, mainly reference to prices, the actual installing shouldnt be a problem.

Does this seem reasonable??
Nokia Car Kit

R

Robbie

If not, try Telstra shop or Optus world. From experience older kits need a full replacement for a different cradel.. only the newr kits come in such a way that you can replace only the cradle... Another grat move by our friends at N.k.A

D

death-from-above

Yeah I have just been swapping emails with a lady from a corporate mobile phone installiation company and realised that the whole unit will need to be replaced, as a new kit will cost around $200 I'm a little apprehensive because I would rather be spending that money saving up for new rims or something, however I do have holes in the dash which will need covering. Although maybe the fire extinguisher might do that

So fellas (oh and ladies) it looks like i will be soon selling a car kit for a nokia 8210

R

Robbie

I think you can pay anything up to $500 for a genuine one but there are a few other good brands, with interchangable cradles for around $300 - $350.. Just as good as Nokia but not with the name.

You are after a "3 piece kit" which means the cradle, speaker and main unit are all seperate, hence you can change the cradle at a later date and it will still work.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Robbie

D

death-from-above

Any Idea how much the THB kit is worth if i sell it??

If I was to get a new kit then a friend of the family is a distributor for swiss and korean car kits, so thats not a problem.

Having never had one installed in my car before are they actually worth it or is one of the cigarete lighter all-in-one charger/hands free cradle the way to go??

R

Robbie

I have had the cigarette lighter one and they are a bit of a pain.. I prefer to know when the phone rings my radio will mute and I will be able to hear the whole conversation and that they will be able to hear me.

Whit the cigarette lighter ones I needed to attach a microphone to my shirt which was a pain.

cheers,

Robbie

D

death-from-above

Thanks mate, i just took the kit out of the car (everything except the external aerial) and will sell that and then look at prices and functionality of other kits.

So keep an eye out in the for sale section

P

pythian

if you upgrade to a 50 plan on telstra mobile you can get a GENUINE nokia car kit with the 7250i for 49 bucks

i work at a telstra store, plz don't shoot me