Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mod Advice

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
That is awesome, thanks for all that info, I assume they flow better than the SV6 ones?
Yeah they do, and as a flow on effect they sound a little better when you put your foot into it.

Nothing major just a little growl compared to the near silent factory muffler.

And the best part is zero drone, which you'll get with pretty much any non standard exhaust on a V6.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Yeah they do, and as a flow on effect they sound a little better when you put your foot into it.

Nothing major just a little growl compared to the near silent factory muffler.

And the best part is zero drone, which you'll get with pretty much any non standard exhaust on a V6.
Going to Carline to look at some after work today. Do you know if VF ones bolt straight up as well or would I need VE ones considering my car is a VE?

Is there a way to identify if they are off a sedan or not?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Going to Carline to look at some after work today. Do you know if VF ones bolt straight up as well or would I need VE ones considering my car is a VE?

Is there a way to identify if they are off a sedan or not?

I've got VF ones on my VE and they bolted up ok, but probably better to get VE ones just to be safe if the option is there.

I think it comes down to the angle of the exhaust tips, the wagon/ute is more of a straight bumper where as the sedan is curved so that effects the offset of the tips.

If you do some google images searching you should be able to see the difference between them, it's a subtle difference but when on the car will look completely out of place.

Just beware that if you are going to an exhaust shop they will probably try and do everything in their power to convince you need to buy something aftermarket, as then they can upsell you/charge more.

If you buy the V8 mufflers from marketplace/ebay you can do it yourself in a driveway, it's quite literally two bolts, nothing special to it at all.

Last edited:

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I've got VF ones on my VE and they bolted up ok, but probably better to get VE ones just to be safe if the option is there.

I think it comes down to the angle of the exhaust tips, the wagon/ute is more of a straight bumper where as the sedan is curved so that effects the offset of the tips.

If you do some google images searching you should be able to see the difference between them, it's a subtle difference but when on the car will look completely out of place.

Just beware that if you are going to an exhaust shop they will probably try and do everything in their power to convince you need to buy something aftermarket, as then they can upsell you/charge more.

If you buy the V8 mufflers from marketplace/ebay you can do it yourself in a driveway, it's quite literally two bolts, nothing special to it at all.
Okay, thanks for all that advice, much appreciated.