Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mod help

B

BEEFITUP

i have a vk with a 202 black engine and it has a t5 5 speed manual gear box in it and a 2 1/2 in exhuast and pace maker extracters it has no rust paints faded i got it given to me by my sister and yeah just want to know if anyone has any sugestions for modifications im after power at the moment it runs 16s on a quater and i want atleast 11's so people your help wont go astray thanks

clinker42

Reaction score
Mate
do you realise what it takes to run an 11 sec quarter

Tell me what your car weighs
If say it weighs 3000 puonds then to do and 11.5 sec quarter u will need 350 hp.

To get 350 hp from your car and you have to ask what it will cost and take.
Then i dont wanna be rude but you cant afford it

Take a 308 for instance
to cut and 11 you need flat top pistons, yella terra heads or Brock B Casts, mild hyd cam, genie tri ys and torker manifold and a rebuilt qaudrajet.

Doesnt sound much i Know but that is 308 cubes not 202

To be even close you will need to stroke yours too say 223 cubes
add a good set of rods and some acl hyperuetetic pistons, find a yella terra head and get that to Eddie Jones at The Head Stud for some port and valve work and to set the springs up. Then a solid cam from someone like CROW. Then maybe some triple webbers or SU's. Then an ignition system and extractors.
I reckon you would be loooking at 3 or 4 grand for the engine plus another 1500 for the carbs.
Or you could maybe go the turbo route but that will cost you more.