Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mod help

Chris92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
okay so im on my P's which means that i can't really do any major performance upgrades for a while, im just wondering if anyone can tell me some of the **** i can do to my car (if any) 'performance' wise that wont get my car crushed now :S

thanks in advance
Chris

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
definitely do the Two hole mod for your air intake...just search for it on the forum

Chris92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
wanna give me a keyword to type lol i looked before i posted this, im struggling a bit with this forum stuff

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
there is many stealth type mods you can do to the V6, like said 2 hole mod, high ratio rockers, Mace do some other bits and peices such as intake insulators etc. check out mace website.

also could look at a tune. maybe try your luck and put a good exhaust/extractors on. but they may draw the attention of the boys in blue. at the end of the day though all the above lsited mods wont gain you alot. after doing that may get you about 15-20rwkw. i would just save your coin and wait till you have full licence and then get into a v8 if you want best bang for buck

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Do the 2 hole, performance filter, catback exhaust. If you're planning to do something to the engine itself, make sure you don't try to hide it. Cops will be alot tougher if you try to hide mods.

Also, its not a bad idea to look into suspension and brake upgrades, they're perfectly legal and make all the difference. A tight ride will be rewarding when you take corners. I don't know what you're willing to do in weight reduction, but it will give more power to weight and improve cornering. The commodore V6 is actually a very powerful engine when considdering others, the car is just too heavy to let it go.

An ECU upgrade is a good thing to look into, just not sure if it's counted as an engine upgrade. Better check on that one.

A good set of tyres will make the car feel more responsive and stick to the road better, but if you want to let the rear end go, use a hard compound.

The best mod I've done so far is the red engine covers, it makes the engine comp look sweet and obviously adds about 5 horsepower =)

It all really depends how much money you really want to spend, even with the laws in place, you can still knock at least a second off your 0-100 time.

Don't mind those knobs telling you to look elsewhere, coz I can't work this bloody forum out either.

Chris92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
hahah! cheers mate, defiantly going to consider all of the above things you've said thanks a heap.

I've really been looking into doing that 2 hole mod, my only question is how does it improve performance in any way. i understand that more air would be induced? but there is no where the air can come from unless you take the left hand headlight out ?

cheers
chris

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
hahah! cheers mate, defiantly going to consider all of the above things you've said thanks a heap.

I've really been looking into doing that 2 hole mod, my only question is how does it improve performance in any way. i understand that more air would be induced? but there is no where the air can come from unless you take the left hand headlight out ?

cheers
chris

I know what you mean, but it does improve performance and noise by a small amount. Coupled with a performance filter, the engine increases noise a heap over 3,000rpm. It really is worth it. If you really want, you can use the Monaro Cold Air Intake (MCAI) to shroud the air box from sucking in hot air. I did not use it for the simple reason that it doesn't fit in my car. You might have better luck. Try these instructions http://swingtan.customer.netspace.net.au/2hole.html

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Why try and 'beat the system'. It's beacuse of idiots doing stupid things to and with their vehicles that the authorities continue to change, strengthen, introduce new rules and regulations regarding inexperienced drivers (P platers) so that in time it's likely that the minnimum age for a Learners, P's and full will be increased. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see full licence age set to 20 yrs before long. Too many young drivers doing and acting 'the fool', terrorising neighbourhoods, increasing risks for other drivers and road users etc etc. Grow up children and act with some degree of responsibility.