Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

model number decode

uterass

Reaction score
Hi all i have been trying to decode this vs ute model number as it has some extra plugs etc under the bonnet, can someone help me out.?

The model is VS8VK80-9C1-1PT

Thanks

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
It's an Ex VS Ute Police Car.

9C1 was the "National Police Pack" which replaced BT1 which ran up until early VS.

Unfortunately that link is a VIN decoder and doesn't tell you what the option pack that's attached to that number represents. But 9C1 is the "base level" National Police Pack as I've mentioned above.

Last edited:

uterass

Reaction score
Thanks for that, i was thinking along them lines because of all the extra wiring and plugs. Nothing else that special about it.

Thanks again.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yes there is extra wiring around the front fuse rail area for relays. You'll notice extra bright red wiring around that location. Also inside the vehicle it will have extra wiring for Two ways etc. and also the lights and ancillary equipment up on the roof area.

National Police Pack vehicles are also fitted with FE2 as standard equipment just like BT1 was.