Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modifacation ideas for my VT

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Hey i recently bought a V6 98 VT commodore for $1500! off my parents and i am now want to mod it up. I am wanting to do any mods weather they are power mods or exterior mods. I am only 17 so dont have alot of money but i do have around 2000 ;).
The only thing i have done is changed the rear boot garnish to a Vx ss one (Y)

Anyway any ideas will be appreciated :)

Thanks
Brad

vxcruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim series 2
hey mate im 17 to and gotta vx gud job with the garnish makes it looks soo much betta well for a 2000 budget i wudn get rims coz it will suk all the money unless you can find a nice set at the wreckers realtively cheap but me personally I would lower it fit a cat back exhaust with sum clean twin tips buy some monaro lights you can get all that for 1000 mayb 1100 the rest of the money you cud put into a new head unit plus an okay amp/sub or try and find a nice set of 2nd hand rims and it shud go gud man :)

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
super lows with ss rims always looks good and is cheap and if ya wanna do the vx calais garnish my old vt looked ok

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Put a nice stereo in, best bang for your buck you can possibly get with a car. Note that nice doesn't have to be the same as loud, quality over quantity pays off here. For $2000 you can get some very decent speakers, a good head unit, and a decent amplifier which you'll enjoy and benefit from every time you turn the key.

You spend money on wheels/lights/bodykit/etc you are spending money so other people can see those things while they drive around (and probably think to themselves - "Oh look, another hoon in a riced out Commodore"), you spend money inside the car, that's something you can enjoy every time you drive.

You should face the fact that you drive a heavy auto V6, it's never going to be a rocket ship (esp for $2000), and nor should a 17 year old drive a rocket ship anyway, so I really wouldn't waste time with an exhaust (it might sound fast, but it won't actually be fast) or anything like that.

ang05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute
Yeah cat back would the bo the way to go, although ive been quoted $400 installed, or $500 for a redback 2.5" sports exhuast