Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modify dvd player

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
There have been many similar posts.
You can use the rear AUX input (which is actually some specific Holden cabling if you don't already have a DVD installed) and any AV input should work.
You can have the screen on up to about 3km/h, after that it will switch off.
There is a group in Melbourne who can program it to remain on, refer to CSP's post.
I have installed a TV tuner, and can listen to TV while I am driving but only view it at traffic lights or when stopped (such as when waiting for someone etc) It's pretty cool but i haven't taken the step to have it on all the time. I also installed a reverse camera which works well and i can switch between TV and camera:D

sash747

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais
hi m8 where did u get ur dvd modifide to play at the front wile driving the VE calais v??

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
hi m8 where did u get ur dvd modifide to play at the front wile driving the VE calais v??

Have a look at the 4th post on this thread.....follow the link.

sash747

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais
i have already seen that post mate. i already have a factory dvd player and it works when the car is stationary but when you start driving it stops. how do i keep it playing? and before anyone tells me it illegal, i already know. i just want to know how to do it. cheers

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i have already seen that post mate. i already have a factory dvd player and it works when the car is stationary but when you start driving it stops. how do i keep it playing? and before anyone tells me it illegal, i already know. i just want to know how to do it. cheers

It needs to be re-programmed, aka VIM, get in contact with someone at "No Limits Electronics" in Melbourne and they'll send you a unit to plug into the OBDII port. Usually best to speak to Adrian there but he no longer works at No Limits Electronics.

There could be other places that offers the VIM but I don't know of any.

JCR269

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE CalaisV
Hey guys, ive got a calaisV VE with the rear DVD player and wanting to change the output of the sound to a speaker for my son. Id want to listen to the radio instead of the wiggles that he is watching!

I have the bluetooth head set which connects to the unit but he is only 18 months and doesn't keep them on! Is there anyway to change the output to either a wired speaker or connect an independant bluetooth head set?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hey guys, ive got a calaisV VE with the rear DVD player and wanting to change the output of the sound to a speaker for my son. Id want to listen to the radio instead of the wiggles that he is watching!

I have the bluetooth head set which connects to the unit but he is only 18 months and doesn't keep them on! Is there anyway to change the output to either a wired speaker or connect an independant bluetooth head set?
VF have this option in the Caprice with rear DVD screens. You can opt for headphones for the DVD and p[lay music within the cab.

JCR269

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE CalaisV
VF have this option in the Caprice with rear DVD screens. You can opt for headphones for the DVD and p[lay music within the cab.
Yep, im aware of this but want to use a different speaker rather than the head phones. He just throws them off his head! something I can put down real low behind his baby seat so he can hear it but not us in the front seats!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If there is a 3.5mm aux jack output (ours had an aux input but can’t recall if there’s an output) then you need a cheap speaker with a 3.5mm audio Jack.

If headphones are on, you can listen to the radio as intended.

Without headphones, I don’t think it’s possible.

I have a set of headphones and a remote I will be selling.