Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods for my Lumina

slyr23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Just because its a lumina doesn't mean nothing can be done. He maybe happy with it. Besides he didn't come here to be told he needs a new car.
I've seen even barinas that where modded nicely not ricey.
The idea behind modding is to make what you have and make it better.
That being said don't put lights all over the car, just upgrade everything evenly from the outside to the interior and the engine, suspension and brakes.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
thanks all!

the idea to mod my car was never shame of a badge or a look, just looking for ideas that i could to mainly to please myself, a little head turn would bring a little grin, but all your tips have helped!

ive got satin insert on my handbrake and shifter already, and i would very much like to purchase some leather seats, fronts and rears, i do also like the look of venetians, but cant decide, not many people do it on the newer cars, but i thought that if i was subtle and got black ones it may go nicely?

Who had the black roof and black interior parts? and where can i get them, i would like a full black interior, not really a fan of that off grey colour anywhere, and sometimes HATE the look of the cream roof; depending on my mood.

i wont be badging it as anything else, and i wont be changing lights or kits. im thinking ill do mainly interior mods. and maybe even some custom work, depending on how crafty i feel when i come to it.

cheers

VZ Lumina

InSaNe x Cr3aM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE
I used plastic primer and a can of black vinyl dye and did roof, pillar plastics and grab handles etc about 9 months ago still going strong no fade or chips

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Who had the black roof and black interior parts? and where can i get them, i would like a full black interior, not really a fan of that off grey colour anywhere, and sometimes HATE the look of the cream roof; depending on my mood.

caprice has piano black inserts or a grey marble finish instead of the woodgrain found in the statesman and calais but the dash and console for the most part are different. as a alternative to piano black, have you considered a carbon fibre or a satan chrome wrap? that will give a more sportier look.

as for leather, I think the calais came with black leather as a option. the seats in my WK are a very dark grey, almost black looking but statesman seats are generally comfier and more plush and the rear seats I do think are deeper and need some modification to fit a short wheel base sedan.

InSaNe x Cr3aM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE
I just put in Caprice leather seats in my VZ Exec, rears went in with no mods, front just needed bypassing the memory module on drivers side, these are 8 way electric VZ drivers side is 2 way and then sending power over to get the passenger side working pretty easy of you get the just of it.

ohqlol.jpg

In the pic you can see my black roof pillars

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
so you sprayed the roof black? isnt it material? not vinyl?

i dont think ill go as far as changing seats to 8 way ones, but if i can get a set of 2 way ones that just hook up, that'll do me!

VZ Lumina

InSaNe x Cr3aM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE
yea but the vinyl dye works on just about anything including the plastic pillars, grab handles and visors, light/sunglasses cover the lot easy as, with the seats its not so much the 8 way movement i wanted but the comfort and support from caprice seats is amazing cant go back now, so i put a set in the mrs VE aswell haha

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
hahaha, mad!

places to buy these vinyl spray paibt/dye cans?

VZ Lumina

InSaNe x Cr3aM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE
supercheap or autobahn,everything that was cream was turned black took about 3 cans of vinyl dye and a can of plastic primer for pillars, less than $40 total

looks mint when finished