Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods for VF series 2

coffdrop007

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv redline club
After upgrade, dyno reads 723nm of torque. Goodbye clutch lol.

coffdrop007

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv redline club
It seems standard with the vf2s to get over 300kw at the wheels with exhaust, otr and a tune. Check out Dale pattetson motorsport on Facebook.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
It seems standard with the vf2s to get over 300kw at the wheels with exhaust, otr and a tune. Check out Dale pattetson motorsport on Facebook.

Leaving aside the huge variation in dyno numbers, the torque number seems "unusual" for the setup. Anyhow congrats.

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
im yet to see a vf2 get over 300rwkw from just an otr, full exhaust and a tune. from various places ive seen have all been around the 280rwkw mark.

this also applys for the gen f series 1.

im happy to be proven wrong though.

coffdrop007

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv redline club
Dale pattersons dyno figures seem reasonable to me.
All i care about is that I've noticed a huge performance gain. Massive acceleration. The true test is on the drag strip quarter mile.

coffdrop007

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv redline club
Check out Dale patterson on Facebook. He's done a couple vf2s now and has the dyno videos. He gets ,according to the dyno, 270ish rwkw for the 6 litres with 3inch exhaust, otr and tune.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Had a Harrop supercharger installed on my VF2 redline with 3" bi-modal, OTR etc done at Tekno.
492Hp at the wheels around 500Kw at the flywheel. Drives great, sounds great, and full driveline warranty.
As far as warranty goes.....doesn't matter wether it's Walkinshaw, Tekno or someone else.......none are Holden approved.
All warranties are honoured by the people modifying the vehicle. Holden won't touch it.
Now I have a 500Kw daily driver for around $70,000 on road
Looked at buying a LSA Clubsport and having it tweaked.........$102,000 on road.......ridiculous
Very happy so far with the service and work at Tekno.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Agreed they probably are not however I'd rather not risk something going wrong with my 50k car and a few grand more offers piece of mind in the unlikely event.

Thats the thing though, your driveline is not worth $50,000, yes the whole car is, but the driveline isn't. That's what I have never understood.
It's an intake/exhaust and tune, clearly it isn't going to #### your engine. If anything it will make it run better & be more reliable as it has less restriction on it.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Had a Harrop supercharger installed on my VF2 redline with 3" bi-modal, OTR etc done at Tekno.
492Hp at the wheels around 500Kw at the flywheel. Drives great, sounds great, and full driveline warranty.
As far as warranty goes.....doesn't matter wether it's Walkinshaw, Tekno or someone else.......none are Holden approved.
All warranties are honoured by the people modifying the vehicle. Holden won't touch it.
Now I have a 500Kw daily driver for around $70,000 on road
Looked at buying a LSA Clubsport and having it tweaked.........$102,000 on road.......ridiculous
Very happy so far with the service and work at Tekno.

Yes but the LSa would have 500RWKW, there is a difference, although the $30,000 price tag is not justified between the two.